Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skydive (wide open)

2 posters

Go down

Skydive (wide open) Empty Skydive (wide open)

Post by Humphrey Williams Tue May 22, 2012 6:08 am

While he climbed the stairs to the prison tower, he was trying to decide what to do there. Normally there wasn't anybody up there. It was used even less than the abandoned tower was. Then he remembered when he had been practicing his animagus transformation and Parker walked in on him. Now he knew what to do. He would do a skydive out the window. Jump off as a human, then change into a Hippogriff and swoop around the tower.

So, there he was, walking into the prison tower. As far as he could tell, nobody was there. He practiced his Hippogriff animagus once to make sure everything was working properly. After he had trotted around the room, and lightly flapped his wings to check the wing muscles and feathers, he was ready to go.

That is how Humphrey Williams jumped out of a window for fun. From the very top of Hogwarts too. The only tower that was noticeably taller was the Astronomy tower. He stepped onto the window's ledge, and looked straight down. His head spun, but he waited for it to stop. When it did, he knew he was ready now. Humphrey just leaned forward and fell out of the window. Just as his feet left the windowsill he started his change into the Hippogriff.

The transformation worked perfectly, and all of a sudden a large Hippogriff was diving down in front of the prison tower. Heading quickly towards the ground, he closed his wings to go faster. When he was passing the third floor he started to pull up, and then when he hit the second he opened his wings. His shoulder muscles, which were the equivalent to the wing muscles fought against the air. Slowing down, he stopped just about twenty feet above the ground.

Next, he flapped upward, and flew straight back up to the prison tower. He flew to a point just above the window, and put his front hooves into the room. Then he pushed against the wall, and struggled back into the room. It was a tight fit, but he didn't trust the transformation when he would have to hold on for dear life the moment he was human.

Once he was back in the prison tower, he changed back into a human. His shoulders would be sore for a couple days, but other than that he was fine. "Now that was thrilling!" he yelled into the empty tower.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Skydive (wide open) Empty skydive

Post by MelodyLovegood Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:56 pm

But as it turned out the tower wasn't as empty as he might have thought.I wondered if I should undo my invisibility spell and announce my presence but I just looked at him in wonder. And even though I had a fear of flying (and a fear of invisible creatures and things)I couldn't help but be envious and think that it did look like a lot of fun.

MelodyLovegood
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down