Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new guy (open)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The new guy (open) Empty The new guy (open)

Post by Frank Dawson Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:08 am

Walking into the common room of his new house, Frankie looked around for a second. Seeiing nobody around, he just sat down on one of the benches in the middle of the room and closed his eyes for a second.

It sucked that he had to transfer somewhere during the middle of the year, to a completely new school.

When he got sorted, the Hat had explained the virtues of all four houses, and Frankie had asked if he could go to Hufflepuff, 'cuz they sounded like his kind of people.

Getting his wish, he was then informed of their last place in the House Cup. That had been somewhat dissappointing.

Ah well, in the House of Loyalty and Hard Work, he'd find somebody nice to talk to, right?
Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

The new guy (open) Empty Re: The new guy (open)

Post by Fia Greene Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Veronica sighed and ented the common room. She looked aroun and saw a lot of yellow. Wait - yellow? She was in the Hufflepuff common room, not the Ravenclaw common room! "Great." she thought. She was getting lost a lot nowadays.

Luckily, Veronica saw only one person in the room. The boy looked older than her; around 12 or 13.

She was too scared to speak. The boy might think she was crazy for getting lost. She was a Ravenclaw, for Merlin's sake! She should have known where to go, right?

Seeing as the boy was a Hufflepuff, nothing would go wrong. After all, Hufflepuffs were supposed to be Loyal and all that. Veronica cleared her throat. "Excuse me?" she said quietly. "Sorry for, er, crashing into your common room. I didn't really mean to, and I... Sort of got.... Lost."
Fia Greene
Fia Greene
Shop Workers

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Dawson Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Looking up, Frank saw a girl with a blue tie standing in the common room...
Blue. What house was that again? Oh yes, the smart people, Ravenclaw!

The girl looked a bit younger than him, probably a first year.

Hearing the girl clear her throat, Frankie listened as she explained how she had ended up in the Hufflepuff common room.

"Don't worry 'bout it. Nobody in here anyways, right? I'm Frank. Frank Dawson. I'm a third year. You?"

Seeiing the girl stand there, Frank realised what he had forgotten.

"Oh and by the way, feel free to sit down. No need to stay standin'." Frank smiled at the girl.
Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Fia Greene Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Veronica let out a sigh of relief when she heard all was fine. "I guess not. Except for you, maybe," she smiled softly. "Veronica Evergreene, first year."

When Frank let her sit down, she nodded a little and sat on one of the seats. Surprisingly, they looked comfier than they looked. Veronica fumbled with the chair's cloth.

"Er - so - I haven't seen you around before... are you new?" she asked. She wasn't good at small talk. Not even a bit.
Fia Greene
Fia Greene
Shop Workers

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Dawson Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:56 pm

Frank chuckled when he heard the girl introduce herself.

"Well, I'm actually kinda sure that I'm here. I mean if I weren't, how'd we be talking right now?" Franks said in a mock serious tone, hoping he could get the girl to relax.

Hearing the girl stumble over her words as she looked for a topic, she eventually got out an understandable sentence.

"Yeah, I transferred."
Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Fia Greene Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Veronica let out a small laugh at what Frank said. "'Kinda'? So that means you aren't pretty sure you are here? Well, that's just odd.." she said with a mock serious look on her face.

She listened when Frank replied. "Oh, you transfered? From where, may I ask?" Veronica said.
Fia Greene
Fia Greene
Shop Workers

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Dawson Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:59 pm

Frank laughed when Veronica faked a serious look and joked right back.

"Yeah well, you know, maybe all of this is an illusion or a dream or even a hallucination. So yeah, I'm only kinda sure that I'm here." Frank spoke in his conspiracy tone, looking super serious.

When Veronica asked where he transferred from, Frank had to supress a sigh. He really liked Austin Academy, and now he was stuck in Hogwarts.

"Austin Academy for Archmages, triple A. It's in America, I used to live there."
Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodyLovegood Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Melody chased Jinxy into the Hufflepuff dorm room not that she had noticed that is was that it was until she was inside.
"Sorry my cat ran into your common room.Hi Veronica."

MelodyLovegood
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Fia Greene Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Veronica saw a cat slip underneath her chair. It looked quite familiar. Then she saw Melody running. "Hey, Melody. Don't worry, we're the only ones here. I don't think Frank here knows if he is here, though. Anyways, I'll help you with your cat.... it's under here somewhere..." she said and looked under her chair.

She took out her wand, rolled her eyes at her silly attempts, and waved it. "Accio Jinxy.." Veronica said, quite lazily. The cat landed on her arms. "Ugh. Cat's--ACHOO!" she sniffed.

"Here. I think I'm allergic.... achoo!" she said as she handed Melody the cat. She then turned to Frank;

"America? So... you're American? That's not quite obvious. Eh, well, I wouldn't know much. I have no idea why I'm in Ravenclaw," Veronica grinned.
Fia Greene
Fia Greene
Shop Workers

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Dawson Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Franks saw a cat slip into the common room, followed by Melody. That girl kept popping up. Deciding to keep quiet, as he found her rather strange after their two previous encounters, Frank instead focused on Veronica who made a joke about his kinda presence.

Taking on a mystified look, Frank took out his wand and waved it behind his back. A slow-working disillusionment charm! It'd look as if he was fading out!

Waving his hands around him, Frank started acting confused, "Where am I? What's happening to me? Whoa, I can't see my hands anymore! I can't see my anything anymore! Noooooo!"

Moving to a chair to Veronica's left, Frank popped back into view.

"Yeah I'm American. I try to supress my accent as much as possible, so you not noticing is probably a good thing, aint it? And you're probably in Ravenclaw for your wit then, if not for your intelligence alone."
Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodyLovegood Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:57 pm

"Well apparently you can't really know if the universe inside your mind really exists so none of us can be sure that we ,"Melody said after picking Jinxy up."But I probably wouldn't be talking to you right now if I didn't exist."

MelodyLovegood
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Dawson Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:09 pm

When Melody said she probably wouldn't be talking if she didn't exist, Frank acted as if he was struck be a revelation!

"Brilliant! I talk thus I am! Oh... wait. That wasn't it... Ugh, philosophy things. Change of subject anyone? Pretty please?"

These Ravenclaws were just plain weird. Or maybe Frank was weird... Hmm. Confusing stuff.
Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodyLovegood Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:25 pm

"Sorry if I confused you Frank.Anyway thanks for helping me get my cat back Veronica she's always miles away by the time I get my wand out.So how do you two like Hogwarts?"

MelodyLovegood
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Fia Greene Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:52 am

Veronica nearly choked as she laughed at Frank's attempts at 'disappearing'. He then popped up on the chair beside hers. "Suppress your accent? Why? It's actually better to hear some other accent other than ours. Quite annoying to always hear it," she smirked.

She nodded when Frank asked if they could change the subject. But before she could speak, Melody changed the subject for them. "Well, Hogwarts is nice. Lots of really nice people. Like you two. Well, honestly, you're the only ones I've met so far." Veronica smiled.
Fia Greene
Fia Greene
Shop Workers

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodyLovegood Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:07 am

Melody was surprised to her that she had felt like she was the biggest loner in Hogwarts but maybe she got out more than Veronica did.

MelodyLovegood
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Dawson Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:12 am

Smiling at Veronica, Frank grinned, exaggerating his accent to the fullest.

"So whatcha really sayin' is that ya like hearin' me talk? That's sweet hun, like talking to ya as well." Winking at Veronica, Frank focused on Melody for a second.

"That's alright kiddo. I'm easily confused ya know."

Thinking about Hogwarts for a second, Frank threw his opinion in as well.

"Well Hogwarts is okay. Don't know that many people yet. I know you two, both Ravenclaws and younger then me, and I know Charlotte, who's one of them green people and is older then me. But yeah, it's okay."

Smiling at Veronica, Frank spoke a muscle pose.

"Really? All of this and you go with nice? I mean, sexy, muscular, hot, fabulous, masculine, those are all valid options you know!" Frank winked again.
Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Fia Greene Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Veronica laughed. "Exaggerated much? No, not much. Just so much," she said.

She smirked afterwards. "I'm quite glad you know that you're easily confused. It's horrible to know that people are confused yet they don't know they're confused. D'you even get that or are you confused? So much confusion."

Veronica nodded as Frank gave his opinion about Hogwarts. She mock frowned at the next thing he said. "Let's change my sentence, shall we? Lot's of really 'fabulous' people. Like Frank," she said, then grinned, "Among all things you could think of, it's 'fabulous'?! You're a weird Hufflepuff."
Fia Greene
Fia Greene
Shop Workers

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Dawson Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Frank grinned. "Maybe a wee lil bit over the top."

Shaking his head a few times, Frank found his solution to the confusion. Pulling out his wand, he fired of a Silencio at Veronica.

"There, I bet that'll help my confusion disappear, I guess. Unless you're confused as well. But if you're confused and I'm confused then you're just a confused confuser. Ugh. Headache."
Frank facepalmed.

"Really? I said fabulous? Well all those other options are much more fit to describe me. You may swap fabulous with any of those or with funny... Seriously though, did I say fabulous?"

Yelping indignantly, Frank shouted. "I'm not weird! I'm just... special. And confused as well..."
Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Fia Greene Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:15 pm

Veronica shrugged at what Frank said. She was quite confused, though, when he took out his wand. "What are--" Too late. Frank had used the Silencing Spell.

After a few minutes, the spell wore off. "Yes. Apparently, you said fabulous," she said simply.

Veronica smirked as Frank shouted. "Are you, now? Special? Hm?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "Anyways, I've noticed you like magic and you don't like being confused. Let's say... Confundo." she said, pointing her wand directly at Frank's face.

"Now, I doubt you'd know you're confused. You're probably confused enough to know," she shrugged.
Fia Greene
Fia Greene
Shop Workers

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Dawson Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:56 pm

Frank was alarmed for a second when Veronica aimed her wand at him. When he heard her say Confundo, he calmed down. He had a trick for that spell!

Feeling the effects of the spell, Frank simply closed his eyes and thought of his ultra super top secret weapon. Pudding.

Feeling his thoughts center themselves on pudding, the confundus charm was wearing of almost immediately.

Opening his eyes again, a smug Frank grinned at Veronica. "Confused? Me? Nice try sweety. Better luck next time."

Seeing Veronica was distracted, Frank glued her feet together whilst holding his wand behind his back. Now al he needed was to get her to stand up and try to walk. That oughta be fun!
Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Fia Greene Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:12 pm

Veronica was at first surprised her spell didn't work. Oh well, she was never really good at that. Getting distracted for a bit, she thought she felt as if her feet were stuck.

"Leg-locker curse? Really?" she said, frowning. She muttered the counter-curse, trying to think of a next attack.

"Silencio!" she said, pointing her wand at Frank. Wait for it.... "Levicorpus!"
Fia Greene
Fia Greene
Shop Workers

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Dawson Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Frank pouted when Veronica mentioned his Leg-Locker. She wouldn't be faceplanting any time soon. To bad.

"Of course, I do have to keep in mind that you're merely an ickle second year now don't I?" Frank grinned.

Getting hit by a Silencio, Frank grinned. How lame to just copycat him! The Levicorpus was a nice touch though. Deciding to show off, Frank started to do inverted sit-ups, bringing his head all the way up to his knees, and slowly lowering himself again.

Feeling the Silencio wear off, Frank spoke again, "That all you got love? I can do this all day you know. Oh. And by the way, I have something for you. Tarantallegra!" Firing the Dancing curse at Veronica, Frank undid Veronica's curse and he elegantly landed on his feet. All those hours in the gym had their benefits!

"If you want a partner to dance, all you have to do is ask hun!"
Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodyLovegood Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:24 pm

"Um,guys be careful not to explode the room or anything."

MelodyLovegood
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Dawson Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:00 am

Grinning at Melody's concern, Frank shrugged.

"Meh. The room'll survive you know. Probably. Maybe. Or not..."

Frank grinned again. "You wanna dance as well Melody? Tarantallegra!"

Realizing he should probably take the girls wands, Frank hit them both with an Expelliarmus. Smiling, he leaned back.

"Dance my little minions, Dance!" Frank said in his best evil overlord voice. This was funny. He'd probably have to pay for this later, but he could enjoy this while it lasted.
Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Fia Greene Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:22 am

Veronica smirked. "It's first year, smartypants," she grinned. She started thinking of another curse, until the Dancing Curse hit her. Next, Melody. Then they were both hit by an Expelliarmus.

She totally lost it. "YOU. ARE. GOING. TO. PAY." she said. Veronica tried to stop from dancing. She found out that she couldn't, so she instead attempted wandless magic. "Finite Incantatem! Ugh. Doesn't work... great." she thought.

"GIVE ME MY WAND BACK! NOW~!" Veronica screamed very loudly
Fia Greene
Fia Greene
Shop Workers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next