Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Man Out Of Time (OPEN)

Go down

A Man Out Of Time (OPEN) Empty A Man Out Of Time (OPEN)

Post by Cain Valerian Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:20 am

Cain had been wandering far from the boundaries that the heard had set up, he really did detest being around a large group all of the time, especially when all of that group seemed to want to mock him constantly for his pacifist beliefs.

It had always been this way.

Ever since he turned down the offer of being the head of the heard a few years prior to now, in some respects he really didn't think he had made the right decision.

Staring balefully up at the stars Cain smiled softly, the moon was unusually bright tonight and he wondered why, was this a good omen or not? Hopefully it would be a positive sign that his life was about to change.

Cain crossed his arms, his leather tunic squeaking slightly as he did so.
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

A Man Out Of Time (OPEN) Empty Re: A Man Out Of Time (OPEN)

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:58 pm

Juliet wanted to go for a walk she had a lot to think about for one she had found out that she had a brother. Which meant that she was not the only one left for the Charlienco's but why it was kept from her was a mystery to her. she wandered into the Silent Wood. Another was why she was back in England this was the second time that she was there in less than a month she was starting to wonder if she was getting attached to the country again.

Sighing little Juliet wrapped her jacket around her tighter it was a little chilly but the cold cleared her head a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:27 am

Cain blinked, a woman had just walked into the clearing where he stood and had seemingly not noticed that he was there, not knowing whether this was a good or a bad thing he merely stood there and watched her for a moment, still and silent.

Once again deciding against his better judgement that he would go and talk to the human Cain stepped forwards leaves breaking around his hooves and he waited for the woman to notice him, coughing softly to get her attention.

"Forgive me, I do not mean to startle. I just wonder if all is well with you."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:35 am

Juliet jumped a little when she heard a voice but smiled afterwards. "It is alright you did not startle me too much. I am fine just thinking about things that never have occurred to me and things that have recently changed in my life."

'Part human part horse he is a centaur and a kind of cute at that. Why am I thinking this I just met the guy and yet I have a crush on him.' Juliet thought to herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Cain smiled his lopsided slow smile and he nodded his head, indeed the stars predicted it was time for change, it was obvious that they were having an effect on this human woman here. Wondering, what in fact it was that had changed, Cain tilted his head.

"And, what might those changes be?"

Remembering his manners Cain bowed down low, dipping down onto his front haunches in order to give the humbling effect that he often did.

"Cain. At your service."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:22 pm

"My name is Juliet. Well I moved to Germany before the war broke out and have been following the German flag since but now I am starting to think that I have made the wrong decision." She cocked her head to the side and studied Cain he was interesting to her almost as interesting as the vampire boyfriend that she had for awhile when she was at Hogwarts.

"I doubt that you understand these things however. Oh and there is also the fact that I seem to have a brother that I have never met until he should up in the class that I was teaching,"

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Cain thought about the problems that Juliet seemed to be having, he now recognised her as a German, but those affairs of humans didn't much matter to him, he knew that at a time Centaurs would be called upon to fight, but until then.

"Decisions of the heart are always correct yet often changeable." he said, slowly, Centaurs were often known for saying things in cryptic messages, and not many of them made sense.

He raised his eyebrow at the idea that he wouldn't understand, on the contrary, he understood perfectly.

"Appearances can be deceptive, and a new bond of love is always good however late it might appear."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:41 am

Juliet smiled at Cain he actually was giving her the best advice a little cryptic but she pretty much understood what he was saying. "You know you are probably the only one who has given me neutral advice everyone I asked is either pro German or pro British."

She leaned up against a tree and looked him over. All of a sudden she felt like a little school girl again and she wondered what brought that on was it his personality or his looks she did not care if he was a centaur all she cared about was that he had a brain and was a little humorous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:47 am

Cain smiled slowly and was glad that he could help the lovely human woman known as Juliet, she seemed to be troubled and he disliked people being troubled, and even though his advice was cryptic, it was useful once deciphered.

"Thank you, I wish to be helpful, as of yet Centaurs have not taken sides or been asked to participate in war, the planets will divine my alligence."

As Juliet leant against a tree trunk and looked at him, Cain felt a small flush appear in his cheeks, but he counted the ground and it stopped, it was unseeming for a male to flush.

"Do you find me interesting, Juliet?" he asked, trying to get the reason behind her stare, his arms folding about his chest, his leather wrist straps squeaking slightly.
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:58 am

"I think do find you interesting and maybe a little handsome." She said as she looked at him through her eyelashes. 'Why do I feel this way and why am I acting a little like a love struck teenager? I am an adult but there is something about him that brought out the girlish side of her the side that she had to push back since she was sixteen because she had to be strong and was forced to grow up a little to fast.

"So tell me Cain why are you here all alone aren't centaurs usually in a herd or something?" She smiled again she was smiling so much tonight more than she had in quite awhile and she was also enjoying herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:53 am

Cain couldn't help it , he flushed again, this was the first compliment that he had recieved in months and he couldn't help but scratch the back of his head a little to combat his embarrassment at blushing.

"Well, thank you Juliet, I had not predicted that Venus was in my quartile this lunar month." he said with a sheepish smile.

His smile dimmed a little and Cain placed his arms by his side, thinking about how best to phrase this he looked off into the distance, lost in his thoughts before he returned his focus back.

"My herd and I do not see eye to eye, they...often shun me and encourage me to stay away."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:08 am

Juliet was a little bad to bring up the subject he seemed like such a good guy. And she wondered why exactly he would be shunned. "So why exactly do they shun you? If you don't mind me asking." She smiled at him and touched his arm gently was she really falling for him or was it something else.

"So do you always predict what is going to happen to you by planets and stars?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Cain felt his eyes widen and he blushed slightly as he felt a touch on his arm, he couldn't quite believe that something like this was happening, something had never happened to him before was happening now, and it was strange.

"Because I am different. I have different values. I desire learning and knowledge while they desire carnage and battle, they despise humans, I feel nothing but curiosity to humans."

Feeling slightly sad for a moment Cain decided to just let that wash over him, after all, he should be happy with what was happening to him now.

"Yes, most of the time, although sometimes I like to leave things as a surprise. What's your star sign?"
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:36 am

"Well I happen to like different it would be boring if we were all the same, and held the sane values. I believe my sign is Cancer." She wanted to hug him but felt it wise to hold back for a little while he did not seem use to touch or at least the touch of a women no matter what species.

"I am not normal either for there is a lot i my pst that I don't remember and I have a small tendency of dating well creature or non humans through out my years at Hogwarts I dated a vampire though now I don't remember his name or what happened to him." Smiling she looked at him he was interesting and in desperate need of someone to show him that they did care for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:59 pm

Cain smiled and nodded his head, it seemed he was meeting an awful lot of Cancers lately and he hoped that she wasn't as emotional as the other that he had met, she wasn't intoxicated, that was a good sign.

"I see, very interesting, very very interesting. You're completely different to the other Cancer I have met, but in a good way I should think."

When Juliet said that she had a habit of dating creatures Cain flushed bright red and blinked slightly, what exactly was this going to mean? Did she like him in this manner?

"I see, vampires are dangerous creatures, I'm glad you dont know him any longer."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:59 am

Smiling at him again she knew that she was babbling a lot with him but for some reason she could not help it. "I have learned to keep my emotions down through out the years." Juliet was not one to go all out with her feelings though they were a mess to everyone that she met the truth was that she learned that no one needed to know her feelings or what she was thinking all the time.

Feeling really safe with him she decided to sit down which she would hardly ever do with someone that she had just met in the woods but he seemed like he was harmless and maybe just needed a friend someone to tell him that it is okay to be different she was far from normal and she was fine with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:27 am

Cain smiled lightly, although there was obvious reason for keeping your feelings hidden in modern society it didn't do good to keep yourself completely shut off from everyone, and in a way, Cain wanted to make sure that Juliet was okay in that respect...that she would be alright generally.

"Sometimes, it is being too closed off that is the worst of the two, however, I do reccomend an air of secrecy in these times, even centaurs are not so ignorant of human events."

Looking around the forest Cain pricked his ears up as he thought he heard something, but, shaking this feeling off he just smiled politely as Juliet sat on the floor, what a strange place to sit;

"So tell me what you see in your stars for the future, what do you plan?"
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:43 am

"Well at the moment I am planning on finding away that I can help out my the country of my birth. But I am a little scared to talk to the people who I need to talk to." She sighed and wondered why she was telling him what her plans were maybe he would be able to help her work out her insecurities and get past them.

Juliet loved the feeling of the ground below her but she thought that maybe it would seem strange to him that she was sitting down on the ground but honestly she did not care. "So do you have any plans for the feature. Would we meet again?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Cain smiled slightly, he somehow knew that Juliet was going to say that she was afraid to do something, he could see it lightly in her body when she was thinking about it, and he was a little concerned.

Wondering what exactly he should say, Cain dimmed his smile and tried to think seriously:

"I suppose what would be the best way to deal with it, is to just do it straight away, don't wait, do it tomorrow, that way it's over quickly, and I'm sure that if you will be at Hogwarts, I will be in the forest if you need me there."

Chuckling a little again at her being down on the ground, Cain shook his head and felt a little odd still standing up so so far above her:

"I prefer not to look into my own future, it can get more than a little frustrating, depending on what you see."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:02 am

Juliet felt a tear come to her eye and quickly wiped it away. Standing up once again she walked over to Cain and gave him a quick hug. She was frustrated when she first started looking into her feature but then excitement took over and then fear. She really wanted to get back on the good side of the this country.

She smiled at him. "You know you have probably been more help then anyone else that I have talked to of course most of them just thought I was crazy or that I had a death wish." She had decided to go to Hogwarts first thing when she got up tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Cain beamed to himself internally when he gained another hug from Juliet, and he gently patted her on the back, not quite knowing what to do himself because he had never really had a proper hug before and now he had had many, all in the space of a few moments!

"Well I wish to help the people that I care about seriously, so should anyone else who cares for you, it would be unwise to ask advice from a person who didn't have your best interests at heart."

Nodding he smiled his lopsided smile and asked:

"Do you wish me to be there in the forest for you in case you need me?"
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:29 am

"Nah I think I will be alright. I think I will be able to manage now. Thanks for your advice." She smiled at him and let her hand rest on his shoulder. She knew that it would be wise to go tomorrow like he said and she hoped that she could work up the courage to do just that.

"I may not know about the ways of your kind but I think they are missing out on one of the wisest and kindest centaurs in the world even if I haven't met that many." She smiled at him again she knew she cared for him more than she would of thought possible since they had just met.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:00 am

Cain nodded his head respectfully to Juliet, he knew now that the human woman in front of him was one that was brave, full of courage and he knew that things would go well for her tomorrow, knowing the Headmistress a little already.

"You will be fine, I know the Headmistress will respect your courage, that will at least give you some favour."

Feeling her hand on his shoulder, Cain looked at it for a moment and smiled lightly not quite knowing what to do, so he placed his own hand on her shoulder.

"You shall make my skin discolour if you keep complimenting me so Juliet, although I can't claim to be adverse to hearing these things."

Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down