Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite book (open)

2 posters

Go down

Favourite book (open) Empty Favourite book (open)

Post by Zara Hawkins Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Zara entered the library, not really knowing what to do. She wondered around and explored the library for a bit before sitting down at a table. Something caught her eye as she sat down. She got back up and walked over to a bookcase where she then pulled out a bright, blue book. The cover of the book read 'Wolves' and it brought a smile to her face. Curious of what it might say inside, Zara sat down with the book and began reading it.

Last edited by Zara Godwin on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Favourite book (open) Empty Re: Favourite book (open)

Post by Keiba Namid Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Keiba couldn't see anything behind the stack of heavy books she was carrying. She was walking through the library, putting books back on shelves for Professor Sollman, when she banged into a desk. The entire pile came crashing down on top of the wooden bench - and also onto the brown-and-red-with-many-streaks-in-it head that was sitting there reading a book.

"Oh my lord!" Keiba exclaimed. "I am terribly sorry! I didn't see you! It was this darned pile of books." She sighed.
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Hawkins Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:45 pm

"Oh, don't worry about it! I'm ok!" Zara replied. "Uhh...would you like some help with all these?" She said, staring at the mountain of books Keiba had just dropped.

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:51 pm

"Yeah, I think I'll need it. I'm Keiba, by the way," she said, holding out her hand warmly. "Who are you?" She started gathering up the books, putting them back into an alphabetical stack as she talked.
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Hawkins Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:54 pm

"I'm Zara. Nice to meet you!" Zara replied, also picking up some of the books. "How come you've got so many books anyway?"

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:58 pm

((OOC: Just reminding you, Briony's banned one-liner's, so you have to try and make your posts more than one line Smile ))

"Oh, I was doing the Librarian a favour and putting some books back on the shelves for him," she explained.

"Thank you," she said, taking the books that Zara was picking up for her.

Keiba grinned. "I like your hair. It's very eccentric."
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Hawkins Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:02 pm

"Oh, thanks. I don't actually ever remember putting purple streaks in my hair. It's just kinda been this way forever." Zara said. "What house are you in by the way? You don't really seem like a Slytherin."

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Keiba inspected the hair. She was right. It didn't seem dyed. How peculiar.

"Ravenclaw," she said briefly. "So you're a Slytherin? There seem to be a lot of you guys nowadays. It's like everyone's preferred house." Keiba chuckled lightly.

There was one last book on the table, and Keiba grabbed it, not realising it wasn't one of hers. "Oh. I don't remember this one in the stack... were you reading it?" she asked, turning to Zara.
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Hawkins Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:15 pm

"Oh. Ummm yeah. It's actually quite interesting. You should read it some time!" Zara said, hesitating a bit. "Anyway, would you like me to help put those books back?"

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:28 pm

"Yes, please. Here, you take half, and I'll take the rest. It's in alphabetical order - hopefully that makes life easier, huh?" Keiba accepted, gratefully dumping half of the load into Zara's arms. They walked out into the isles and started returning the books back to their shelves, occasionally having to levitate them up four or five times past their own height.

"What brings you to the library?" Keiba asked, levitating a shabby old book back to it's home, on the very topmost shelf at the back of the library. They were nearly finished; Keiba only had a few books to go.
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Hawkins Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:31 pm

"Oh no reason in particular. I was just passing by and decided to take a look in here." She replied, extending her arm as high as she could to return a book back to it's proper place. "I'm not really much of a reader though. I'm guessing you enjoy reading?"

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:41 pm

"Yeah, definitely." There went the last book. "It's one of my favourite pastimes. I love it." Dusting off her hands, she waited until Zara had finished putting up the rest of her pile.

"So. Why do you reckon you're in Slytherin? Actually, first, tell me about yourself. And I'll do the same - after, though," Keiba said, smiling openly.
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Hawkins Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Zara had just placed her last book onto the bookshelf. "Um, well I live in London with my dad. I absolutely love the foo fighters! I can play some of their songs on my guitar. I know martial arts as well. This necklace..." She said, holding up her wolf tooth necklace, " I got off my mum before she died 5 years ago."

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:03 pm

Keiba stared. "Wow. I've never had a parent die. It must be really hard. But, you were six, right? I guess most people would say that you couldn't remember her. I doubt that. You probably can, if only a little bit. And it still hurts now, doesn't it? I mean, sure, she died a long time ago, but sometimes a girl just needs her Ma, hey?" She smiled sympathetically.

There was a spare table nearby and Keiba took a seat at it. "That wolf tooth idea was great. It really seems to suit you... but I don't know how." Confusion flitted over her face as she stared at it.

"Anyway. Me ... not much to tell, really. I was born in Australia, my mum's side is Irish though. I have two sisters, and both my parents, all of them are muggles. I'm the first witch in the family! Isn't it lovely? Well, I got my letter while we were visiting my Great Aunt's farm in Donaghadee, on the Irish coast, beautiful place. The rest of my folks went home and while I'm here I stay with my Great Aunt. She's really nice, but just as old as she is kind. Sometimes I go back home for a summer or two, but mostly I'm staying in Ireland."

Keiba paused, a sudden pang of longing for the red dirt and sunny beaches of her homeland springing up inside of her. She shook it off, as always, and moved on.
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Hawkins Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:11 pm

"I've never been to Ireland before. Actually, i haven't really been any where else but London. My dad, he get's......homesick a lot. Yeah. So do you like it in Ireland? I bet sometimes you'd miss Australia, right?"

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:26 pm

"Oh yeah, all the time. But I get through. Britain is really cool - very wet, but still nice and green. Aussie's more of a red country. It's beautiful all the same."

It was quite warm that day, even if rain was starting to fall outside the window. "Damn. I was gonna go outside today. Oh well. Do you play sport?" Keiba asked randomly.
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Hawkins Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 pm

"Oh yeah! I do martial arts. It's so cool! You get to learn how to kick peoples butts! Actually, once when we had to fight someone, i got paired with this girl that i really hate and i actually made her cry. It was hilarious. But i had to sit out afterwards. I'm talking way too much aren't are? What about you? What are your hobbies?" Zara took a deep breath.

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:38 pm

"You should talk more! It's good for you!" Keiba grinned. "Mostly I stick to the books, but then I like writing, and swimming, and singing, and just random dancing. You know. Creative stuff. Gotta love it."
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Hawkins Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Zara laughed. "Sounds like fun. Anyway, it's getting late now. I should probably head up to my dorm. It was real cool meeting you by the way. I'll see you round! Bye!" Zara said, making her way out of the library.

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:43 pm

"See you. We should catch up sometime." Keiba waved as the purple-and-brown hair disappeared from sight, then grabbed a book and started reading. Again.
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down