Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Falling Asleep (Open!)

3 posters

Go down

Falling Asleep (Open!) Empty Falling Asleep (Open!)

Post by Keiba Namid Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Keiba was tired. She hadn't fully recovered from that terrible bout of sickness - she didn't even really know what it was - that had kept her from her third lesson. She set down the thick book she had, cover-up on the dark wood table. Her finger trailed over the gold embossing, and she could feel her eyes grow heavier in the calming atmosphere of the Library.

It wasn't long before she was slumped forward over the book and the table, head on her crossed arms and hair spreading out like a silky blanket. Keiba was fast asleep before she knew it, and didn't feel urged to wake up. When she did, however, the Library was dark and eerily quiet.

Cautiously, Keiba lifted her head from it's original spot, staring around in confusion. I can't have been asleep that long, could I? She felt a jolt of panic rush through her as she realised it was after curfew, and she may have been locked inside the Library for the night. That had always been one of her biggest childhood fears - getting locked in somewhere in the dark. Especially places like a Library or a shop. That always scared the bejeezus out of her.

Keiba dared not move; actually, she was frozen and it was physically impossible for her to move. Fear rattled down her spine and her tongue tingled. She hated when that happened, too, it was a very unnatural feeling. It just wasn't her night.

There was a loud thud at the other end of the library, like someone knocking over books. Keiba jumped, the butterflies in her stomach fluttering madly, trying to escape. She swallowed, and wondered whether she go see who - or what - the disturbance was.
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Falling Asleep (Open!) Empty Falling Asleep

Post by Teresa Maria King Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:34 pm

"Figlio di una canga!" Teresa cursed in Italian as she was almost was buried with books. "Raven, you are in so much trouble!"

A black bird stared at her from above a book case. Caw, caw Raven went as if taunting her.

"I'll get up back for this!" she said as she started jumping to reach the bird, but she didn't even get close.

Suddenly Raven looked up and opened his wings. He jumped up and flapped his wings, flying away.

"Hey!" Teresa shouted. "Get back here!"

She started chasing him until she hit something.

Teresa Maria King
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Falling Asleep (Open!) Empty Re: Falling Asleep (Open!)

Post by Keiba Namid Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:16 pm

"Ah!" Keiba cried as something solid slammed into her and they both fell over. There was an ominous caw from somewhere above their heads and Keiba started, scared witless as she remembered that was an omen of death. She started freaking out, even though she knew it couldn't possibly be true.

Keiba was blind in the dark of the locked library. She fumbled her way to standing and closed her eyes, counting to ten before opening them and letting them properly adjust to the lack of light.

It took her long enough before she realised she'd collided with something - or someone. "Um, hi?" she called out in the dim grey between the bookshelves. "Who's this?"
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Falling Asleep (Open!) Empty Falling Asleep (Open!)

Post by Teresa Maria King Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:25 pm

"Unbelievable!" Teresa said. "I got to stop crashing into people. Seriously, it's been about the third time it happened."

Teresa got up, making sure she didn't lose anything. She looked straight ahead and could see a shadow. It, more like she, spoke. Teresa thought it was safe to give out her name.

"I'm Teresa Maria King," she answered. "Hi to you, too."

Raven gave out a call that echoed throughout the space between the bookcase. Teresa rolled her eyes.

"I might gut you one day," she said to the bird that perched between two books.

Teresa Maria King
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Keiba laughed softly as the person before her, apparently a she, scolded herself for bumping into people so much. "I'm Keiba, Keiba Namid. It's lovely to meet you." It was so dark, Keiba couldn't even see her fingers. Then suddenly, a thought struck her and she could have face palmed so hard right there. Pulling out her wand, Keiba muttered "Lumos Maximus," and suddenly they were engulfed in light.

"That's much better," she said with a huff. She could finally see that girl in front of her. Teresa, her name was. "You're a first year, right?" She'd seen her around, but not much, only at meals.

The bird let out another ominous cry and a shiver sparked down Keiba's spine. "Is - is that your bird?" She asked when Teresa talked about gutting it. She shone her wand light towards the call, and wasn't quite so surprised as she thought she would be when it landed on a black raven.

"What are you doing here in the library? Is it locked, do you know? Or were you also so tired that you slept through closing?"

Suddenly there was a clunking sound from the other end of the library and Keiba started, jumping a bit. She really, really didn't like this.
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:21 pm

"What is going on over here? It sounded like a herd of elephants was stampeding through the middle of my library!" Horst came in, he always kept charms on his library to alert him when books were in danger. Then he saw the two girls, and a black bird in the air. Horst was wearing a Pink Floyd t-shirt. He did listen to a couple Muggle bands. He studied Muggle culture, and he loved this band. It was such a unique sound. When his charms had been set off, he'd put it on, along with a pair of sweat pants.

"Sorry, I have a couple charms in place to warn me when books are in danger. You girls need to be more careful about being in the library. I understand it is hard to be careful sometimes; and I am ecstatic people are actually using it, but still. Miss Namid, I know you well, and I trust you to be careful around books. Miss King, I am your librarian. Have not met you before, and won't jump to conclusions. However, please be more careful in the future. And, when trying to catch a bird, I recommend bird seed. Or in this case maybe a dead mouse or something of the sort, seeing as ravens love meat. Now, will you please help me clean this up? Before you two girls go off to bed?" he asked them both politely. Keiba looked sleepy, she had probably fallen asleep studying.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down