Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new meeting (Creatures ONLY)

+12
Kaliepos Crystalspark
Charmin Rolans
Ipolani Arcamanel
Cain Valerian
IolaAvalon
Zara Hawkins
Nobelio
Daciana
Raziel Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Sehkmet Nassiri
Sherlock Watson
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A new meeting (Creatures ONLY) - Page 3 Empty a new meeting

Post by Daciana Thu May 31, 2012 5:59 am

"How well do you know this pup? Are sure you can trust him? He says he doesn't know what's going on. Then why is the first thing he suggests is that we trust the humans? Are you so sure that he's what he pretends, that you would put yourself and your fellow creatures at risk. Or is there more going on between you than you are letting on. I have been around for many years and I have found that those who profess to be ignorant of something usually have an alternative motive. I say don't trust until trust is earned!!"

Daciana was becoming very impatient with the young ones. They didn't seem to realize the importance of the situation. This war could mean the end of their world and that of the humans. When would any of them really learn. Only a few of her fellow creatures seemed to be mature enough to understand.
Daciana
Daciana
Creature

Back to top Go down

A new meeting (Creatures ONLY) - Page 3 Empty Re: A new meeting (Creatures ONLY)

Post by Nobelio Thu May 31, 2012 6:43 am

Nobelio watched with growing annoyance at the petty bickering between some of the creatures. He felt a deep rumbling growl build up in his chest. It sounded like thunder. When Daciana decided to sniff him out, he knew that if things didn't end soon, then there would be no hope to build a stable state of trust in among them.

Opening his mouth, he spat a bolt of lightning into the center of the ring of creatures. It crack so loud that it drowned out the petty arguments. As soon as it did, he began to speak in a deep voice that trembled with power and age.

"That's enough! Daciana, the young pup is merely impulsive. I'm sure that you were at some point in your life. As for you, Humphrey, you need to learn humility and when to simply be quiet. I would be willing to fill you in, but not at this moment. In case you haven't noticed, some of us would like to get things done," he finished, breathing deeply.

He regretted having to use his power to stop a petty argument, but he needed their full attention. He laid his head down on his crossed forelimbs and stared idly into the crater left by his lightning.
Nobelio
Nobelio
Creature

Back to top Go down

A new meeting (Creatures ONLY) - Page 3 Empty Re: A new meeting (Creatures ONLY)

Post by Humphrey Williams Thu May 31, 2012 7:29 am

Humphrey bowed his head. "Yes, sir. I will work on listening more." he said, and receded back into the shadows at the edge of the group. This was what he was curious about. What they were discussing today.

Everybody immediately had a calm seriousness come over their faces when Nobelio intervened. It was clear, he was in charge, and he could kill them if he wished. So stop arguing, and pull together. Get back in line, we are a group that needs to work together. Humphrey could already tell he was a good leader.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by IolaAvalon Thu May 31, 2012 9:28 am

Iola jumped slightly when the lightning hit the centre of the ring, but she kept her face almost impassive and concentrated on what was happening, she felt her temper rising when Daciana was being aggressive towards Humphrey, while it was true that very few creatures trusted each other but Iola was the sort of creature that could often tell if someone was trustworthy and she got that feeling about Humphrey. She wandered over to him carefully.
"Are you alright?" She muttered quietly.

IolaAvalon
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Thu May 31, 2012 9:55 am

When Iola came over to talk to him, he smiled a bit. This was one of the nicer people here, that was for sure. "Yea, I'll be fine. I know I need to learn to shut up. It is just, you know, all so new. The power that Nobelio just showed." Humphrey said, and shivered a bit. "It is scary, and not natural, too much power in one place can be deadly. I'm sure he can control it, but still." he said quietly, letting his fears show.

"Once I get used to this, then maybe it won't be soo weird, but. I don't know, it is just so much so fast, if you know what I mean. It will take a while for all of, this," he said, waving his arms, "to start making sense." Humphrey whispered.

"Thanks for not jumping on me because I'm the new guy, you are definitely one of the nicer people here. Maybe we can hang out some other time, not here, just do something fun." letting his tone of relief show through. He smiled and turned back to Nobelio.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by IolaAvalon Thu May 31, 2012 10:24 pm

Iola smiled at Humphrey.
"I know what you mean. It seems that some don't realise just how much Elf-kind has lost at the hands of humans. It'd be nice to hang out, if you ever want to talk I'm most likely in the Forbidden Forest, towards the edge." She said before focusing on Nobelio.

IolaAvalon
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherlock Watson Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:23 am

Benedict gave a simple nod to Zara when she asked if she should learn Humphrey the ways. But it was not for this meeting. As things started getting out of hand, Benedict let them. He needed to know these creatures better, and many creatures only revealed who they truly were through anger. But he was grateful when Nobelio stepped in and stopped the petty arguments.

It had, however, become clear to Benedict that an alliance with humans was rather unlikely. He didn't mind; he had never trusted humans himself. But they needed to be aware of them. He didn't want humans in the meeting themselves, but someone had to make sure that humans were kept in the loop somehow so that it did not end up in a war where creatures would be killed due to mere suspicion.

"I hear you all. I hear your troubled thoughts. And I understand. I do not trust humans myself. I never have and I doubt I ever will. But the fact is that humans are species that jump to conclusions. Therefore we need them to know some of our policies so they do not go to war against us. We are trying to stop a war, not make it worse. And in times of war, humans are even weaker and frailer than usual, rendering them to trusting no one and believing everything once an idea is planted in their minds. If they hear talk of creatures, of werewolves or vampires, of demons or elves wanting to kill them, they will believe it, and they will act," Benedict told the crowd.

He looked at them. "We need to spread out into public places as what we are, make people realize we also belong in this world, and that we are also caught in the crossfire of war. But most of all, they need to know that we want it to stop. Therefore I recommend you to walk around in crowded streets, discussing fang-problems loudly, or show yourself in your true form among humans. If they have a problem with that, we will have a problem with them. Do you understand what I am trying to tell you?" he asked loudly.
Sherlock Watson
Sherlock Watson
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobelio Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Nobelio nodded his head at Benedict's logic, however it would prove difficult for a dragon, as they were either feared, hated, or merely believed to be mindless beasts. He looked around the circle once, and, after remembering their opinions, concluded that he was one of the few creatures who actually trusted humans. He would, of course, respect the wishes of the general consensus, but that wouldn't stop him from making human friends. If not for survival, then at least for companionship.

"They don't bother us, we don't bother them," he summarized. "Understood. However, I have a proposition. You seem to have reached a general consensus that the humans, as a race, cannot be trusted. You see, I have dwelled on the grounds of Hogwarts since before the time of the Four Founders. I believe that if we can gain the trust of the human young, we will have less trouble with humans in the future. We may even learn to trust them ourselves," he offered. He knew that it was most likely futile, and that most of these creatures minds were set in stone, but this old dragon still has a few hundred years left. He would like to see a day where creatures and humans live in peace.

Nobelio
Nobelio
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by IolaAvalon Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Iola stepped forward slightly at Nobelio's words.
"Nobelio is right, children of any species are more open-minded than the adults. This is just because adults tend to be used to acting and thinking in a certain way. Adult humans split us creatures into 'Beast' and 'Being' categories but children would split us into 'Nice' and 'Mean'. Surely you cannot think that children would harm any of us? If we let children find out about the real us rather than what the Adult humans have decided is true, they would be more likely to accept it. I mentioned earlier a human who helped me. He is a First Year like myself and when he found out that I am of Elf-kind, he took it in his stride.
The Humans have decided themselves what we are like based on a few bad examples, why not show them that that is wrong?" She said before moving back into her place.

IolaAvalon
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:15 am

"I can confirm what Iola just said. My age group, well the friends I was close to before I was bitten; some of them, are still my friends. I've told a couple of my closest friends, and they still accept me as their friend. In fact, I hated what I was more than they did. Now, I am getting more accustomed to it, learning to be proud of who I am. The children of Hogwarts are definitely more willing to change their opinions, and are more pliable than the adults. I'm sure Zara, and Iola both know what I mean." Humphrey said. It was hard for him to speak up, but if he could help wizard-creature relations, and prevent violence he would. He made sure to keep it short though.

"Kindness, and helping cure their ignorance about creatures is the best way to go about it. Everybody who just spoke made a very good point. Fear, the unknown, that is what makes humans scared. When they are scared, they attack to try and keep the world the way they want it. They don't know that we are just people, creatures yes, but still have many of the same feelings they did." he said, bowing his head and returning to his place in the circle. He did not want to get attacked verbally by all the other creatures again. Plus, that one person who had sniffed him, that made him feel like he was about to be eaten.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaliepos Crystalspark Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:10 am

Kal was quiet she never thought of going around people and announcing what she was. She usually listen and she usually took off. But one day some slytherin found her camp by sure lucky. She live a hard life being blind was difficult life all the same as well they expect us to know the future but what that amount too they usually saw creature that are dumb but she could hear them all the same time. When one loss one sense the other become of value she listen to dragon had a point and so did the werewolf all the same. But she enjoy the peace all the same she look back at them she had blank expression all the same. She listen to what dragon said she liked their all the same.
Kaliepos Crystalspark
Kaliepos Crystalspark
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Bell Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:53 am

Austin had actually listened through this without saying a word but, so far, all the other creatures were doing was still talking about not trusting anyone, while the dragon and Benedict tried to calm down and reason with them. Okay, so, he had certainly argued about the same subject earlier on, but he thought they were past that now. And just as fast, they actually were. Letting some people - humans - know what they were and see whether they accepted them...that was what the subject was right now. And, although he trusted no one and no one trusted him, because it was only natural, Austin agreed to what was being said between everybody. But even so, he stood there quietly with the rest of the werewolves. At one point, he wanted to open his mouth and say something but, not even trusting himself to speak, he shook his head and closed it again, leaning against the tree trunk as he watched everyone quietly.

Austin Bell
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Daciana Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:17 am

Daciana listened to all the chattering going on around her. These young creatures were so idealistic. She doubted she had ever been so trusting. But then her life was a lot different than theirs. Maybe if her mother had lived instead of being killed, she would have had a different outlook too. Nobelio was far more experienced than she in this type of stuff, she had always avoided others in the past. She would bow to his greater knowledge for now and try to be more patient, and see what would happen. As always the leader seemed to understand both sides of the discussion and her respect was growing by the minute. She still didn't trust the young pup, but would keep a close eye on him. If things got bad she could always feed and that would make her feel better.

Daciana
Daciana
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherlock Watson Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:56 am

Benedict looked at them all. He gave a nod at the Williams kid, and then gave a more grateful nod to Nobelio. He then looked from every face to another, wondering if there were any other point of views that were yet to hear. When no one said anything he cleared his throat.

"All right then. I will take everything you have said into consideration. For now, I think it is important to mingle with normal humans and not only keep to the places we creatures know. I think it is about time the creatures were more respected in our world. But for now, the meeting is adjourned," Benedict said.

He walked over to the grand dragon. "I would wish to speak with you, Nobelio, if that is all right?" he asked.
Sherlock Watson
Sherlock Watson
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3