Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the lake (James and Eva)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

At the lake (James and Eva) Empty At the lake (James and Eva)

Post by James Irvine Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:22 pm

James gritted his teeth as he held the struggling man's head under the surface of the water. He was sat on the man's back to help prevent him from escaping as he drowned him in the lake,

"As I sen' tis man's soul unto ye, bless him an' forgive him his sins." he muttered as the man's struggles began to weaken to almost nothing, "In te name of te father, te son and te holy ghos'. Amen."

Now finished with his prayer, James sighed a little bit and stood up from the corpse, lighting a cigarette as he looked around him idly.
James Irvine
James Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

At the lake (James and Eva) Empty Re: At the lake (James and Eva)

Post by Evangeline Webb Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Evangeline was getting more than a little bored of following these two brothers around on their trail of destruction and death that they seemed content to let themselves continue down, with a sigh she flitted to the other side of the lake to James, tilting her head she waited until she was sure he knew she was there.

Then she flitted again to stand next to him, kneeling down to the body in the water, she let her hands twirl above it and the white almost dust like substance appeared at her fingertips, where it then rushed off some where on the Earth. A ghost hmmm, she thought.

"I'm getting very bored of seeing you and your brothers faces." she said quietly and she pressed her finger to the mans head, making his body dissappear with a simple glow of her eyes.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Irvine Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:41 pm

James was casully smoking his cigarette when he noticed that strange woman that his brother had warned him about. He was right, she did look like a late teenage goth but with the creepy factor ramped up to eleven out of ten.

When she flitted over to him he watched as she messed around with the soul of the body. But when it went off somewhere else he blinked a few times. Jack said it went up to heaven. Must not have been quite as good. He shrugged a little bit and offered the woman a cigarette,

"Ah don' see why." he told her with a small smirk, "Perhaps ye wan' te get te know us. We're interesin and our faces happen te be quite nice I think."
James Irvine
James Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Evangeline looked at James and she smirked slightly before letting her emotions return to the neutral expression that she was going to try and keep throughout this conversation.

When he offered her a cigarette, she shook her head, after all she did not need to eat or drink so smoking would do nothing for her anyway, she would just be holding the cigarette.

"No thank you."

Chuckling a little, Evangeline looked out at the lake; "Your faces are ordinary, when you've seen so many. All you do is kill people, and that's not interesting at all, I see that all the time."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Irvine Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 pm

He spotted her smirk and returned it with one of his own before taking a pull on his cigarette. Before the pull was done she was back to looking neutral and blank. It was one hell of a poker face. He chuckled a little bit when she refused his cigarette and popped it back in the packet. He'd save it for later then,

"Suit yeself." he puffed away on his own cigarette before glancing at her, "Ye go' one hell of a poker face ter Evangeline. Play poker?"

James smirked a little bit when she said they had ordinary faces. Most people might have been mildly offended but he just shrugged it off,

"Ah ye are a hard fillie te please." he teased before raising an eyebrow, "I like te tink I do a lil more tan jus' killin. Jack? Not so much."
James Irvine
James Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Evangeline shook her head a little bit, of course she had heard of the game but she had never been able to play herself, she had never really done anything much apart from taking souls to and fro, what little time she did have she spent using her scythe and occassionaly finding the time to talk to someone.

"I do not play." she said quietly "I have not played any games, I am too busy."

Raising her eyebrow she looked at James in the eye, it might be true that he does different things than killing but she did not see anything but the deaths, although, he was slightly nicer about things than his brother.

"I don't see anything but death, so I wouldn't know what else you do."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Irvine Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:40 pm

James took a deep pull of his cigarette and glanced at it. It was a terrible habit but it was called an addiction for a reason and he wasn't really able to get off the stuff. He raised an eyebrow when she said she'd never really played any games, let along poker,

"Ye don' play games?" he asked to clarify before frowning a little bit in thought, "Ye workin' 24/7 ten I take it?"

He matched her gaze and looked into her eyes, even though her eyes were rather unnerving. But he was right, unlike his brother he didn't enjoy killing so it wasn't what he did all of the time,

"No' tha has te suck." he commented quietly, "Why don' ye take a break or someting?"
James Irvine
James Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Evangeline looked at the smoke curling out of the cigarette and she wondered what it would taste like if she was able to taste it, she had not been able to taste anything since she was born, it was something that had often troubled her, but you could never miss what you never had. Thats what the saying was she believed.

"Yes I work all of the time." she said quietly "It is a hard job if you are not used to it."

When he didn't look away from her eyes, Evangeline's cold silver eyes lightened and she let her lips curve up into a shaky smile, it was so odd the way that humans knew nothing of her, and yet pretended that they did.

"It is what I was created for, I have nothing if not my responsibilities." she smiled gently "Humans I know are not like this, of course it would seem like an oddity to you."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Irvine Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:55 pm

James caught Evangeline watching the smoke from his cigarette curl up into the air before dissipating. Deciding to give her something to watch, James took a pull and blew out a small smoke ring. He noticed the kind of forlorn way she was watching the smoke and was actually surprised a little bit, she didn't look like she'd been a smoker or anything so why did she look like she missed it,

"Now tha ain' a good job Eva. Ye bes' be lookin fer a new one." he joked lightly before glancing at her again, "But ye us'd te it now ain' ye?"

Her eyes were rather attractive now that he thought about it, they were the kind of uniqueness that he knew Jack had always been attracted to. He smiled back, her smile seemed rather fragile after all and in need of encouragement,

"Now tha is interestin... creat'd ye say?" he smiled faintly before shaking his head, "Ye righ'. Never known tha... I guess it's kinda like me faith but yers is stronger conviction."
James Irvine
James Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:04 am

Evangeline was a little bit taken aback by the way that she could have been caught so emotional, she was never this open and she quickly made sure that her expression remained neutral once more, she did not want to give anything away that might be used against her in the future, not like James would be able to get rid of her presence.

"I cannot get a new job...I just told you, I was created to do this job, therefore I must do it until I am unable to peform the tasks needed." she said simply, as if James was slightly silly for not understanding.

When he compared her job to his faith, Evangeline chuckled darkly and shook her head;

"Like your faith? It may be a full time occupation, but it is more destroying than any other thing that you could imagine, it is like nothing you could ever imagine, and most certainly, humans would not be able to stand it."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Irvine Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:13 am

The way that she was able to carefully school her emotions back to neutrality again was something that made James want to smile but at the same time want to frown. It was an impressive skill, even if it was rather depressing. She seemed to him to be the perfect model for a spy, if not for the fact that she wouldn't be able to blend in anywhere other than a metal concert,

"Huh now tha definately don' soun' like a lo' of fun." he noted, throwing his cigarette into the lake when it was finishing, "I don' surpose ye goin' te tell me wha' ye job is are ye?"

The dark chuckle was perhaps the first show of any real emotion from Evangeline and he couldn't help but grin,

"Well now ye gettin' me intriged!" he told her with a grin, "Always liked a good puzzle. Me brother said ye weren' an angel... but he also said ye had a scythe... can I see it?"
James Irvine
James Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:32 am

Evangeline looked at James and she wondered if it took a brain surgeon to look at a book and to find out what she was and what her job might be, after all it was not that hard to think about all of those kinds of things, she had just done her job in front of him after all.

Noting the fact that James had now thrown his cigarette into the lake and she smiled gently as she watched it fizzle away.

"I send souls on their way to the place where they will rest, his soul has gone to become a ghost, he obviously has unfinished business."

When James mentioned her scythe, Evangeline let it become corporal and took it off her back, twirling it in her hands; "Of course Jack would mention the weapons I carry above anything else that we discussed that meeting."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Irvine Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:41 am

James had been throwing a thought around in his head as to what her job was for awhile now, since Jack had told him that he hadn't been able to guess it. It was a bit of an off the wall kind of thought though so that was kind of why he hadn't thrown it out there yet. He raised an eyebrow when she told him pretty much what she did as her job and it matched what he had been thinking of. There was just one problem as far as he could see,

"I tink I know wha' it is ye are and wha' it is ye do." he told her quietly as he looked up at the calm sky, "Only problem is I ain' heard of anyting like ye existin before... ye te only one?"

James watched her twirl her scythe as it became visible. He wasn't a big fan of bladed objects, not since a particularly nasty meeting with Raven Drake,

"O'course." he joked with a small grin, "Te guy coul' ge' gunn'd down an' all he'd tell ye was wha' kinda gun tey used."
James Irvine
James Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:49 am

Evangeline was a little taken aback by the question that he asked her, after all there was some things that she herself didn't know and this was one of them, how was she supposed to look for other Reapers when she was so busy? Frowning a little she shrugged her shoulders;

"I don't know." she said simply "I doubt it, I can't take care of the whole world after all, there must be more than one of me, although I've never met one."

The fact that Jack could tell what make a gun was by the bullets it shocked, Evangeline could not help but roll her eyes, it was nothing she would think to be proud of however it was obviously quite a big acheievement for Jack.

"I do not think that this is something to be proud of, although it certainly shows his obsession with weaponry to a fault." she sighed lightly, putting her scythe back on her back she looked up at the sky and felt the pull on her nose.

"And another."

Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Irvine Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:06 am

Seeing Evangeline shocked was something that James was sure was something of a big event so he made a point to memories her expression. Chances were he wasn't going to get to see it ever again considering her strong emotional mask,

"Well if ter all as busy as ye ten I don' see yer all meetin' up fer a reunion." he observed with a small smile before asking another question, "So ye were born tis way?"

James chuckled a little bit. Jack was indead a very big weapon nut-job. For some reason James had never felt that same pull towards weaponry, he preferred other persuits to killing and talking about things that killed,

"Ye Jack has a very one track min'. Seems te tink abou' killin and noting else." he shrugged a little bit, "One weirdo in every famly I guess."

He raised an eyebrow,

"Another wha'?"
James Irvine
James Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:16 am

Evangeline was not used to people asking these many questions about her because she normally would have liked to keep these things secret from other people, but she did not mind telling James those things that she had kept from others.

"As far as I am aware, yes, I was born this way, exactly this way, I have never aged since the day that I was found."

The description of Jack was one that Evangeline liked very much, it was accurate and he was a weirdo, but that made him very good to her she liked people who were weird.

"I like strange people, just not when they kill all of the time, although I suppose its the only way I will see them."

Waving her hand in the air, the white dust of the soul came travelling into her hand and she sent it flying up into the sky when she had looked at it for a few moments.

"Another soul."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Irvine Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:12 am

James had to admit that it was kind of odd that it was kind of odd for him to be this chatty but Evangeline was interesting. She was something of a mystery and he rather enjoyed solving mysteries,

"So ye were foun' lookin' like an eightee' year ol'?" he whistled a little bit before chuckling, "So do ye consider yeserlf eightee' or what?"

He chuckled a little bit. His brother was a weirdo but that was kind of the nice way of saying it. The blunt, harsh, truth was that his brother was a complete nutjob. He was a mental case to be sure,

"Well ten maybe ye'd like Jack?" he suggested with a smirk, "He's a weird on alrigh'. Ye jus' hav' te catch him on te righ' days."

James nodded a little bit as he sat down on a stone,

"So ye do tha pretty much all te time yea?"
James Irvine
James Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:44 am

Evangeline looked at James keenly and she wondered if he was going to ask her more questions about herself, she quite liked it, it was something that she never got asked much, it was nice to have someone care enough to ask her about herself, most ran away as soon as they saw her.

"Yes I was." she said simply, blinking a little "I consider myself eighteen yes as I have lived on this Earth for eighteen years now, regardless of what I look like."

Tilting her head to one side Evangeline hummed;

"I really do think he is interesting, although his face is slightly more attractive than yours, if I must say so myself."

Raising her eyebrows, Evangeline nodded her head and then laughed lightly; "I did just tell you that I work all of the time, did you not believe me?"
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Irvine Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:50 am

James glanced at Evangeline out of the corner of his eyes and caught her watching him rather eagerly. Seemed that she enjoyed talking about what she was and what she did. He chuckled a little bit,

"Well how was yer eighteenth ten Eva?" he teased her gently before thinking of something else, "Yer scythe... did yer make it yerself or did it jus' appear wit yer?"

James burst out laughing at the way she just blankly said that Jack was not only interesting but that his face was more attractive than his,

"Oh he'd be happy te hear tha." he told her with a grin before smirking, "Can' stop talkin abou' yer. Seems yer migh' have a lil crush fer yerself."

James smirked a little bit, "Tryin te trip yer. If ye answer te same question in two very differen' ways ten yer probably lying."
James Irvine
James Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:04 am

Evangeline tilted her head to one side and she wondered whether he was going to offer her some sort of alcoholic drink if she wanted to come out with him to a bar, but she was busy, and despite that she could not drink alcohol at all, she could not drink anything. So the whole thing would be pretty pointless.

"My eighteenth? It was like any other day. Was I supposed to do anything special?" she asked a little bit confused. "My scythe appeared with me. However odd that sounds and it comes with me wherever I go."

Blinking startled when James burst out laughing, Evangeline waited until he had stopped and then gave him a small unsure smile; "He has? What a strange man. He is aware I am not human isn't he?"

Again she blinked and a confused frown appeared on her brows; "Why would I lie to you, if I didn;t want to tell you something I just would not tell you."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Irvine Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:20 am

James shook his head a little bit in silent amazement. She hadn't had an eighteenth birthday party? He knew things were bad down in Ministry but he didn't think they were so dull as to deny the girl some fun,

"Well traditionally ye supposed te get drun' an' have one hell of a party." he chuckled a little bit before smiling with curiosity, "So yer scythe must be magical righ'? Or is it jus', like... boun' te yer?"

James shrugged a little bit, "Yea he knows. He's kinda figured out wha ye are too. But he's interested in ye anyway. Not interested interested ye' I don' tink but he's gettin' ter."

He shrugged again, this time smirking, "Don' take it personally. I do it te pretty much everyone I mee'. Not sure why really."
James Irvine
James Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:41 am

Evangeline did not have a clue what it was like to have any sort of party, she had not had any gathering whatsoever for her birthday simply because she had not requested one, she often freaked out the wizards and witches who worked in the ministry and there were few who actually liked her enough to come to a party.

"I cannot drink anything so I dont think that it would be a very beneficial party for me to attend, it would be pretty pointless." she said bluntly before adding "I think it is magical yes, it can never be lost from me, which is handy, sometimes it gets stuck in things and I can't retrieve it."

With a small sigh, she ran her hand through her mohawk and she gave him a faint smile;

"I have never had someone...interested in my before, what would he do if he was becoming interested interested in me?" she asked before a light grey tinge came to her cheeks "Just curious."

Just nodding in response to James' last utterance, Eva looked out over the lake.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Irvine Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:52 am

James thought about having an eighteenth birthday party and not being able to drink at all. He shuddered, it was not a happy thought. Or maybe it wasn't a happy thought because he wasn't able to think of his without alcohol,

"Now tha soun's terrible! Ye can' drink at all?" he shook his head slowly, pityingly, and patted her on the back, "Me heart goes out te ye. Huh so it comes te ye no matter how far ye are from it? Cool. Ye have any idea how it works?"

He chuckled a little bit and smiled back at her,

"Well ter are a number of tings he'd do if he was interested in yer. He'd cut down on te killin fer starters. Try te teach ye cards. Oh an' hugs! He'd give ye hugs." he told her happily before smirking, "Is tha ye blushin?"

James Irvine
James Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:06 am

Evangeline jumped a little when she felt James pat her on the back, she was not used to human touches and he felt oddly warm for the breif moment that he had touched her, looking up at him she blinked, unsure of what to say.

"I have never drunk anything in my life, I have never eaten anything either." she said quietly "I cannot taste anything either."

Nodding her head Evangeline smiled sadly before letting her neutrality keeping it from her lips as soon as she had let it appear there; "I don't know why it keeps coming back to me, I suppose it's some sort of charm but I've never checked."

When James told her some of the things Jack would do if he liked her Evangeline let the same grey tinge come to her cheeks, and she touched it gently.

"Why yes it appears I am blushing." she said matter of factly "He has already done some of those...is there anything else?"
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Irvine Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:14 am

James smirked, slightly amused, when Evangeline jumped under his touch, apparently she wasn't much of a people person. She was going to be in for a bit of a surprise when Jack hugged her for the first time if she'd never experience that either. He gave good hugs,

"Well tha's kinda depressing te me but maybe tha's because I've known wha it's like." he smiled slightly, "Can't miss wha ye never had righ?"

The sad smile, that was hidden immediately by her face of neutrality, made James raise an eyebrow, "Do ye not like yer scythe or someting?"

He chuckled a little bit when she admitted to blushing,

"Well ten maybe ye havin a ting fer me brother?" he suggested with a smirk before grinning widely, "Yea... ask him if he's pitchin a tent. If he says yea ten ye know he's very interested."
James Irvine
James Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next