Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End Of Year Ball!

+18
Doctor Florence Nettle
Raven 'The Sweeney' Drake
Corinne Girard
Tess McCartney
Victoria Rossmund
Horst Sollmann
Parker Emery
Richard Romain
Jacqueline Girard
Cobalt Smith
Sofia Slytherin
Haley Vilde Smith
Lucia Henley
Humphrey Williams
Airen Auditoren
Charlotte Smith
Keiba Namid
Briony Romain
22 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The End Of Year Ball! - Page 2 Empty Re: The End Of Year Ball!

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Haley tightened up her face and looked at the other people around with narrowed eyes as she started dancing tango.

"Yeah, we're perfect," she said in a snobby, joking voice.

Then she had to laugh, and turned the dance into swing again. They both twirled and swung themselves over the entire dancefloor, Haley with a pained expression as she tried to keep her laughted back, not always successfully.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Airen Auditoren Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:38 pm

"Well, at least you can save money that way. Not to mention, that you don't have to worry about if it suits you or not," Airen said smiling. He took her hand and kissed it.

Smiling, he whispered, "I saw that in so many movies. I've always wanted to try it." He sipped his drink, the cool water flowing down his throat. He watched as the two girls left Humphrey to dance to an upbeat song. Airen chuckled as they mimicked old style dances to the new style songs. He looked at Charlotte as she asked her question.

As if on cue, a slow song began to play. Smiling at Charlotte, he offered her his hand.

"You must be psychic, Charlotte," he said smiling. "I'd love to, even if I look like a fool when the livelier songs come back on," Airen continued, his smile not fading one bit.

Last edited by Airen Auditoren on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Airen Auditoren
Airen Auditoren
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:41 pm

Keiba could barely stifle her giggles at the snobbish tone of Haley's voice. She pulled a very stupid face, and imagining what she looked like, burst out laughing.

"OH! I HAVE AN IDEA!" Shouted Keiba over the noise of the music. "Let's do the macarina!" She pulled Haley over into the middle of the floor. "I wanna see how many people we can get to join on!" A wild grin opened across her features.
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:47 pm

"I AM IN!" Haley yelled joyously.

She laughed a bit and then started by stretching out her hand, palm down.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:49 pm

Charlotte blushed even more, her hair turning a faint shade of pink as Airen kissed her hand, whatever it was supposed to do, it had worked wonders, inside she was just a big pile of giggles but she restrained herself, it would look really weird.

"Well it's very gentlemanly Air, I liked it." she blushed "I don't know what I'm supposed to do in return though."

When the slow song began to play Charlotte smiled softly, accepting Airen's hand and threading his fingers with her own, leading him onto the dancefloor Charlotte placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Hopefully I'm a little better at this than last time, I have practiced a little, I've been looking forward to tonight, I hope I'm not a fool for saying so and that you were also excited...but ah! Don't say you are if you weren't!" she blushed, knowing that she had just made a complete idiot of herself.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Eagerly, they started dancing, chanting the lyrics to the chain dance. People gave them strange looks, but after awhile started to join in. Soon, there was a third of the dancefloor doing the macarina in the middle of a slow waltz song.

Quite an absurd sight, but a very enticing one. Laughter was everywhere and Keiba felt better than she had in years!
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Airen Auditoren Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Airen gently placed a hand on her waist. He led them in a simple box step. He chuckled deeply at her blush. He swayed to the soft music.

"Just be the sweet person you are. Most of the flattery is for the men to do," he said in a mock posh accent.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. It's alright, I know what you meant," he comforted sweetly. He twirled her under his arm and brought her back to him.
Airen Auditoren
Airen Auditoren
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Haley hadn't laughed that much in many years. And she usually laughed a lot. So she really trimmed her stomach muscles. She laughed at the people around her, and the fact that the slow dance was waaay to slow for the macarina.

When the part of the lyrics 'mooove macarina' came, Haley bumped Keiba with her hips and laughed. This was simply great.

When the people started dividing, though, Haley stopped and turned to Keiba. "Imma go get something to drink. You want something?" she asked.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Tabi had not really found anyone to go to the ball with and apparently everyone in her house was mad at her, not that it was anything new. She had worked hard on her hair and had spend some time on her hair.

Tabi was beginning to wonder what had happened to Corrine seeing is she had not see her in awhile. She was trying to see who she could find. Maybe her sister would at least talk to her she didn't know.

She just decided to see who she could find as she strolled across the dance floor. Glancing around she saw Haley, Charlotte, that boy Humphrey so she gave a little wave, not really knowing if they saw her. Maybe she would make her way over to the punch table.

((OCC: Tabi Dress))

The End Of Year Ball! - Page 2 TabiDress

Last edited by Tabi Ann Prewett on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Leshia was not sure what was taking Salina but she decided that she would head down to the ball by herself. She was hoping that everything was ok because she had not seen Salina in awhile or at least talked to her

When Leshia got to the hall she saw Haley dancing with a new Ravenclaw girl that she had not met yet so she decided to join them. She noticed that Haley was headed to the punch table so she decided to join her there.

As she got to the table she also noticed her sister there. "Hay Haley How is it going?"

((OOC: Leshia's Dress))

The End Of Year Ball! - Page 2 LeshiaGown

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:20 pm

"Yo Leisha! Wow, you look beautiful!" Haley said with a massive grin.

They walked over to the punch bowl, and Haley grabbed a glass with water.

"So, who are you here with, or did you bring someone as a date?" Haley asked with a smile.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:21 pm

The dance ended and left Keiba gasping for breath. Haley offered her a drink. "I'm more hungry than anything. You go get a drink, we'll meet up later." Keiba's stomach growled right on cue. Too much dancing leaves you with an empty stomach!

She was having a blast, and by the expressions of Haley and everyone else, they were too. She was waiting for Humphrey to snap out of it so she could have a dance - after all, he was missing out on all the fun! His loss, she thought.
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:25 pm

Leshia would have liked to have brought a date or had a date but no one had asked her.

"You look beautiful too Haley, and no I came by myself. No one asked me. But that's ok."

Leshia smiled, she noticed out of the corner of her eye her sister was there just itching to say something.

"How about you Haley who did you come with?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Sofia had not heard from Horst since the night at the library so she was not sure whether he was planing on picking her up or not so she decided to just head down to the ball herself and just meet him there.

Once she entered the hall she thought it had looked beautiful. She was suppose to help with the decorations but she had gotten busy and couldn't make it, but it had turned out great.

Sofia saw Lucia was already there so she decided to walk over to her and talk with her until Horst arrived.

"Good Evening Lucia, how are we doing?"

((OOC: Sofia's Dress))

The End Of Year Ball! - Page 2 SofiaDress
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:42 pm

Salina inspected her dress once in the mirror, doing a small twirl before with a shrug she decided it would do. She hurried down the halls to the Great Hall, where she knew Leshia would already be. She discovered that already, a lot of people had arrived and she blended in with the crowd as she moved through them to find her best friend.

She finally spotted Leshia talking to Haley, and she walked over with a light blush on her cheeks. She felt ridiculous, she had never worn such a dress before, for her mother had always insisted on Gowns, which just looked like fancy robes. They were hideous, and so wearing a dress was a new experience.

She stood beside Leshia with her head held high and smiled at the girl. "You look gorgeous!" She exclaimed to her, giving her a light hug before smiling at Haley. "Hello... Haley is it? Im Salina," she held out her hand for Haley to take. "How are you Leshia?" She then asked once she had dropped Haley's hand.

(OOC: Salina's Dress)

The End Of Year Ball! - Page 2 Blue-dress-quinceanera-allure-q185-de-96974891

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Pxyis hummed as she walked into the Great Hall, admiring all of the girls dresses with slight envy at some. All of the girls looked gorgeous, and Pxyis suddenly felt very under-dressed and like her dress wasn't very good.

Her eyes skimmed through the crowd as she looked for her friends, and she spotted Charlotte in the midst of a group of other students, including Airen and Humphrey and some other girls she didn't know. Other than Salina and Leshia. "Hello Charlotte, Airen," she greeted them. "You look gorgeous, Char, and dashing, Airen." She smiled at them both.

{OOC: Pxyis' Dress}

The End Of Year Ball! - Page 2 Black-dress-1

Last edited by Pxyis Wilson on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:54 pm

"All right, Keiba, I'll see you later. Depend on it," Haley said with a grin to her new friend.

Then Haley turned to Leisha and smiled.

"Thanks! And I like playing it solo," she said with a grin, "In other words, I came alone," she translated.

She then smiled as Leisha's friend, Salina walked over.

"Hello... Haley is it? Im Salina."

Haley smiled. "Hello, and you're right," she said and took Salina's hand.

"That's a really beautiful dress," Haley then remarked.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Cobalt walked into the Great Hall dressed in what was perhaps his favourite suit. It was grey, a favourite colour of his, and was best worn open at the neck. This meant that he could breath properly, without the collar restricting his movements. Of course, another reason he favoured this suit above all others was that it's jacket was made in such a way that he could easily conceal weapons within a second layer.

Walking through the crowds of students, Cobalt reflected that perhaps he shouldn't have arrived late. Perhaps he should have been early like all of the other teachers had been. It didn't matter too much now anyway, he was here now and that's all that mattered. As he moved through the crowds of students he found his daughter, Charlotte, with Airen, a gryffindor boy he'd seen her hanging out with, a ravenclaw girl he'd never noticed and another gryffindor boy, dressed in some very archaic robes. Nodding to the two that he didn't recognise, Cobalt reached out and shook Airen's hand with a smile,

"Piacere di vederti (Nice to see you) Airen." he greeted the boy before turning to Charlotte and smiling widely, "Ah my lovely daughter..."

Holding his arms out wide, Cobalt gave Charlotte a big hug before stepping back with a grin,

"Look at you... so very beautiful!" he smiled happily at her, "Such a beauty the world had never yet seen!"

Chuckling, he gave her a kiss on the check,

"And yet still my precious little girl." he smiled happily, "You have fun tonight alright?"

(OOC: Cobalt's suit - The End Of Year Ball! - Page 2 Dior-homme-men-luxury-grey-blazer-dress-suit-jacket-af8a6)
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:01 pm

"Good Evening Lucia, how are we doing?"

Lucia beamed at Sofia. "Good evening, Sofia! You look absolutely gorgeous!" she said happily, looking the dress up and down.

"It's so very you. It looks like a piece of the sky, really," Lucia said, chuckling slightly.

Then she looked around for Horst, assuming he would've come by now. Lucia then shrugged when she didn't see him and turned to Sofia.

"Isn't Horst with you? Or is he coming a bit later?" Lucia asked Sofia with a kind smile.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

http://theavengers.forummotions.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacqueline Girard Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Jaqui wasn't sure why she was even going to the Ball, the only reason being that she felt that as a Professor, she should attend. Even if it just was for a few minutes. Make an appearance then leave was her plan, she told herself as she entered. Immediately, she felt awkward. She'd never had a conversation with any of the other Professor's, so she had no one to talk to other than her sisters, and it seemed that Salina was otherwise busy.

Corinne hadn't arrived yet, which was strange. Normally, she adored any fancy occasion and was always the centre of attention, but Jaqui couldn't spy her anywhere. She leant against a wall by the door, wringing her hands together. She wished she hadn't come at all.

((OOC: Jaqui's dress))

The End Of Year Ball! - Page 2 Ravishing-red-dress

Jacqueline Girard
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:15 pm

Richard had been here since the start of the ball itself but had held back until after Briony had introduced the ball and everyone was off to a start on their excited dancing, chatting and drinking. Holding two drinks, Richard made his way over to his wife, handing her a drink with a small amount of alcohol in it. He smiled at her and raised his glass to her,

"To another school year is finally over..." he toasted with a grin, "These kids will go home with some good skills and it's all down to you!"

He leant in and gave her a small kiss on the cheek,

"Well done meine leibling." he told her happily, "You've done marvellous."

(OOC: Richard's suit - The End Of Year Ball! - Page 2 Image_168)
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:19 pm

Lucia's eyes swept over the room. She saw a lot of the students dancing like mad, and they looked superhappy. She grinned. Balls really were the way to go around things, she figured.

Then her eyes landed on a woman in a red dress by the door into the Great Hall. She frowned. She wasn't sure if she had met her, but Lucia was pretty sure that it was the CoMC teacher. She smiled. Should she walk over there and introduce herself? She felt that it was the right thing to do, as the woman looked a bit uncomfortable.

Lucia searched her brain at first, though, to try to remember the woman's name. She believed it was French, but she couldn't remember just what it was. No, wait. Her first name was Jacqueline. And she was related to some of the students. Lucia's smile widened. Jacqueline Girard.

Lucia turned to Sofia. "Give me to seconds," she said and rose, walking to the front door.

She stopped and smiled to Jacqueline. "Hello," she said with a kind smile, "I'm Lucia Henley, medic, keeper of keys and deputy head." She reached out a hand for the professor to take.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacqueline Girard Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:14 am

Jaqui watched as a Professor made her way over to her, and pursed her lips as she tried to recall her name. Lucia something... Jaqui thought. She knew that she was the Deputy Head, along with some other roles and smiled as she introduced herself to Jaqui.

Jaqui took Lucia's out-stretched hand, shook it, then let it drop. "I am Jacqueline Girard, zough you may call me Jaqui," she greeted Lucia. "I am ze Care of Magical Creatures teacher, zough you probably already knew zat." Jaqui laughed softly. Her eyes trailed to Lucia's gorgeous red and white dress. "Your dress, eet ees magnifique!" Jaqui exclaimed enviously.

"You do 2 other jobs on top of being ze 'ead! 'ow do you manage?" Jaqui asked in confusion. She knew that would be way to much work for herself, but then some people liked to work more than she did.

She just liked Magical Creatures.

Last edited by Jacqueline Girard on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Jacqueline Girard
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:15 am

Charlotte giggled a little as Airen twirled her, tonight she felt like a princess, even though Airen never outright said things like Humphrey, Charlotte didn't mind, in fact, she kind of liked it better because there was a sense of it being special, which was even more precious to Charlotte.

"You're an excellent dancer Air, I could make a comment about me feeling as if in dancing on Air, but that might be not funny...yeah...definately not funny."

Grinning Charlotte stopped dancing and smiled as her Daddy greeted Airen, he liked him, and for that Charlotte was extremely grateful. It would be very awkward if he didn't, Charlotte pecked Cobalt on the cheek as he did the same to her:

"Awwwww daddy you're just saying that, there are prettier girls here im sure."

With that Charlotte squeezed the hand that was still linked with Airen's a large smile on her lips and she glanced back at the dancefloor.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:18 am

Lucia made a grimace. "Don't ask," she said, and then chuckled. "Nah, I love my jobs, and I don't mind the paperwork. At least not all the time."

Lucia then looked up at the staff table and at Sofia. She turned to Jaqui with a smile. "Do you want to join us?" she asked.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next