Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Gazing (OPEN)

2 posters

Go down

Star Gazing (OPEN) Empty Star Gazing (OPEN)

Post by Zara Hawkins Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Zara sat down by a window, noticing that the moon was a first quarter. She decided that she needed to keep track of the moon phases each night. She took out a notepad and pencil form her pocket and wrote the date and moon phase. She was starting to miss her dad as he was very special to her. She began doing what she loves most, star gazing.

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Gazing (OPEN) Empty Re: Star Gazing (OPEN)

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:53 pm

Sofia was on rounds one evening and decided to take a stroll into the Slytherin Common room to see what all had changed, if anything. Salazar had always liked things his way and general they always seemed to keep it that way, maybe from fear that he would come back from the dead and kill them or something.

As Sofia was walking around she noticed Ms. Godwin sitting there looking out the window. Sofia has always loved that window. It always amazed her because of magic they could see it even though they were under the lake.

As Sofia got closer she noticed the lady she was taking notes on the moon.

"I see Ms. Godwin, you love to look at the stars and the moon, may I inquire why you are not in my Astronomy class?"
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Hawkins Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:06 pm

Zara immediately turned around. "Oh. I'm not actually really that much of an astronomy person to be honest. I was just recording the moon because...." Zara couldn't think of a proper reason. She thought for a second. "Well because....i just have nothing else to do." She said, now realizing that was the stupidest reason she could have thought of.

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:12 am

Sofia smiled at the girl when she said she did it because she had nothing better to do.

"You know my dear, watching stars or the moon can have a very soothing effect on people. it has a very calming effect. When you learn about the stars more closely it makes you feel better in-tuned with them." Sofia said softly and then went to sit by the girl.

Sofia looked at her a little more intently and noticed their was something about her eyes that drew her to the girl.

"May I inquire why it is you feel so sad. I get the feeling you are missing someone very close to you, your dad perhaps? I also see you have lost two loved ones in your life. That is always hard. Sofia loved her gift and this was one of the reasons. If she could make a sad person feel happy again it made all the difference in the world.

"I am a very good listener."
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Hawkins Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:38 pm

"Well.....yeah i do miss my dad. A lot. We used to look at the stars together every night. When i was younger, he would point out two stars from the sky and told me they were my mum and sister. I guess that's why i like to look at the stars." Zara felt like she could tell Sofia anything. There was just something about Sofia that made her feel safe.

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Sofia was listening to her as she told her story. Many times Sofia had heard this story in fact her parents were also up there.

"Many times I have heard this story, in fact my parents star's are up there by the moon." Sofia remember the day she named them.

Looking up at the stars Sofia ask "which ones belong to your mother and sister so I can mark them on my charts". Sofia turned and smiled at her
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Hawkins Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:24 pm

"Well, i actually don't remember where they are. It was so long ago when my dad told me. I guess i just look at the stars knowing that they are up there somewhere looking down at me." Zara said, as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Sofia noticed that she had a tear rolling down her cheek so she conjured up a tissue and handed it to the young girl.

"That's ok we can just pick a couple of them and name them for them. Then they will know that those stars are theirs and they will just move." Sofia hoped that piece of insight would help.

"So break is almost here so you will be able to see your father soon."
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Hawkins Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Zara accepted the tissue and wiped away the tear. "Thank you." She said, smiling at Sofia.

Zara looked out the window once again and two bright stars caught her eye. She pointed them out and told Sofia that they should be her mum and sister.

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down