Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drunken Nights (Open)

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Drunken Nights (Open) Empty Drunken Nights (Open)

Post by Ophelia Zabini Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:14 am

Ophelia laughed manically as she stumbled through this forest she'd never been before, a bottle of muggle wine in a firm grip. She looked around and chuckled, wobbling on her feet. She had no idea how she'd gotten here, but she felt happier than she'd ever been.

The sun had set a little while ago, and it was completely pitch black save for the soft, white light of the moon peeking through the trees. "La, la la!" Ophelia sang as she skipped along, tripping over nothing due to her drunken state. "Waah!" She exclaimed as she fell, laying on her stomach as she giggled. She pushed herself back up and almost toppled backwards, but grabbed onto a tree to save herself from falling.

Ophelia wasn't sure why she'd drunk this much, perhaps it was because she was missing him so much. She could faintly remember curling up in a ball and crying, before heading to the bar or something. She didn't care why she was drunk, she was to busy having fun with it.

Taking a swig from the wine bottle, Ophelia decided that this tree was exceptionally rude. "Youuu can' talk ter mii like dat!" She slurred, poking the tree indignantly. "I am a bootiful, smart yung lass!" She informed the tree, before walking over to a fallen log and collapsing on it. She looked around with a dreamy smile and began to sing a muggle song she knew.
Ophelia Zabini
Ophelia Zabini
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Drunken Nights (Open) Empty Re: Drunken Nights (Open)

Post by Cain Valerian Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:51 am

Cain heard that there was a disruption in the forest, so quickly he got up from kneeling down to sleep and began to follow the sound, a human, a very intoxicated human and he had no idea what they were doing so near to centaur territory.

Upon nearing the person he realised he had met her before, at the arena and he bowed his head, the gap in this females heart was large, if only she didn't fill it with alcohol.

A twig cracking under a hoof made Cains presence known as he stepped out of the trees. His leather tunic was off, as he had been about to sleep, shoeing his defined, yet scarred, muscles.

"What do you do here?" he asks "Do you know it's not safe?" his voice tinged with concern "You remember me?"
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Zabini Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:52 am

Ophelia swayed on the log as she sang, but a particularly high note made her giggle and slide backwards. She landed with an 'ooft!' and burst into fits of laughter, which echoed around the forest. She pulled herself back onto the log and hummed softly, eyes drooping.

Ophelia took another drink from her wine bottle and sighed in contentment, she was quite happy to si there in a dangerous forest with her wine. She really didn't care if a werewolf ate her, that would've come as a relief from all the pain inside of her every day.

Her head snapped up, and she sobered a bit as the twig cracked and she saw a Centaur reveal themselves from the trees. Hope lit up her eyes, maybe this Centaur had come to kill her? Her eyes almost fell out of her head as he stepped into the moonlight, for his shirt was off and his muscles were very defined, however scarred they may be - though that made him more attractive.

In his questions she could hear concern, and when he asked if she remembered him her eyes snapped up to his, and of course she remembered. "I know s' no' safe," she slurred, waving a hand dismissively at him. "Im 'oping dat something will com' 'long n eat mi! n ye, I member you." She yawned and fell backwards off the log again. "Oops." She giggled and pulled herself back up.
Ophelia Zabini
Ophelia Zabini
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:12 pm

Cain couldn't help but spot the bottle in the womans hand and he stepped closer to her, kneeling down in front of her with a small smile, the smell of alcohol was strong around her and he knew it wasn't safe to leave her alone.

"You're very intoxicated." he said, obviously, but with a trace of worry in his voice, he didn't want her to be ill.

Swiftly looking around he spotted nobody near and wondered if it would be prudent to take her somewhere that she would be safe, of course he knew the answer would be yes.

"Unfortunately centaurs don't eat humans, you shall not get your wish today, maybe another time."

Cain smiled and swooped his arms under the woman, picking her up and carrying her over to where he had just come from, to where he knew it was safe for her to stay.

"I'm just taking you somewhere safer, i didn't tell you last time we met, forgive me but my name is Cain."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Zabini Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:20 pm

His smile made her befuddled brain go on lock down and she giggled stupidly, nodding at his comment. "No, im just very drunk!" She retorted, before realising they were the same thing and laughing happily. She watched as he looked around and his eyes became thoughtful for a moment.

She snorted with laughter at his comment. "How diss'pointing." She mumbled, but then being completely surprised as he scooped her up into his arms and held her. The blush on her cheeks was red, and she was glad it was dark for that would be most embarrassing.

When he assured her that he was taking her somewhere safer, she shrugged, but her body suddenly felt sober and her mind cleared a bit at his name. Looking up at him, her eyes bulged out of her head. "You're Cain? I knew it!" She exclaimed, her grin wide.

Ophelia decided she would definitely do this for him, even though Jaqui had requested it. As long as Cain still wished it, she would do it for him. The drunkness began to slip back into her body as she fell limp in his arms, curling against his chest with a smile as she felt the hard muscles against her. "'m Ophelia." She responded.
Ophelia Zabini
Ophelia Zabini
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Cain smiled and couldn't do anything but chuckle at the playful manner that she had taken up now that she was drunk, it saddened him however that it took this to make her happy once more and he wondered if he should help her become less depressed.

"I'm pretty sure in the morning you'd regret saying that your up for being eaten not many people would refuse that offer here."

Almost dropping the woman when she exclaimed tvat she knew it was him Cains own eyes widened and he wondered just what she was talking about, how did she know him?

"Forgive me my ignorance, but, how do you know of me? How do you know my name before I give it?" Cain asked. Not in a defensive way, merely curious.

When he reached his cave, Cain entered and saw the flickering candle there illuminating the scarce surroundings but also showing the small mess of blankets at one side he hardly ever used.

"A pleasure, Ophelia, you'll be safe now you're here."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Zabini Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:58 am

Ophelia giggled lightly, oh if only he knew why she wished to be eaten then maybe he'd realised she really wouldn't regret it at all.

"Well, that would be appreciated." She struggled to say it without a slur, and was proud when it just came out in a quiet tone.

She felt his grip loosen for a moment, but then it tightened again and she looked up to see his eyes wide and a thoughtful look on his face as he asked her how she knew his name. His tone was curious, and she grinned.

"Jaqui tol' me 'bout you. Asked me to do som'thin' for ya. Din't want ta do it, but now that I know ya, I think I will. If ya still want me t' do it." She explained, knowing her answer was still very vague but she couldn't be bothered explaining further.

She looked around at the cave and saw the flickering candles and a small pile of blankets as well. "Mm." She yawned sleepily.
Ophelia Zabini
Ophelia Zabini
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Cain nodded when she told him that Jaqui had told her about him, he wondered why and if it was because he had done a bad thing, but as she continued to speak, even though it was hard to make out, Cain smiled his lopsided smile.

"I see, and you are the one who would be turning me into a human are you not? Well, I apologise but for now, I think I will have to decline your offer."

When she recognised what he said Cain bent down and gently placed her onto the warm blankets he was just glad that he had washed them this morning.

Placing one on top of her he walked to the mouth of the cave.

"Do you require anything of me Ophelia?"
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Zabini Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Ophelia shrugged, but could feel a small sigh of relief on her lips. "Good," she mumbled.

"Cause in dis state, I don' think I could do it. You tell me 'f you ever wan' change. You're centaur folk, they're pre' judgemental." Ophelia said with a yawn, not being able to help her slurred words.

Ophelia held back a noise of protest when she was laid on the blankets, but instantly she felt comfortable. Moving into a more comfortable position, she twisted her head to look up at him.

She smiled at him as he placed one on top of her, and she clutched it with her hand, placing her bag down next to her she let her head drop and her eyes fall shut.

"I require you t' stay safe!" She called out to him, yawning slightly. "And don' worry, i'll be gon' by the light of dawn so non' of our Centaur friends see me n' think badly of you." She continued, before she could feel herself falling asleep. Not quite there yet, but almost.
Ophelia Zabini
Ophelia Zabini
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:55 am

Cain smiled slightly and looked back at Ophelia, she was truly a lovely woman, she was so sadly beautiful and he hoped that one day she would be able to shed the sadness that seemed so much a part of herself.

He believed it was so very sad that her soul was marred by sadness, such profound melancholy.

"I will not be asking you for some time Ophelia, don't you worry about helping me, I think I'll try to make it as I am...anyway, this is a conversation for another, more sober time."

With a soft glance back at her, Cain nodded, he was going to stay as safe as he could, he was only going to get some food and maybe some water for the morning.

"As you wish Ophelia, I will remain as safe as I can, I will return in a few minutes, I am just going to collect some water and berries. I don't mind about centaurs seeing us together, it would be my pleasure to know you were safe out of these woods with me guiding you."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Zabini Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:33 am

Ophelia looked at Cain and saw pity in his eyes, and she was positive it was directed at her. She sighed. She was a human to be pitied, drinking her way into oblivion, hoping for death to take her out of her misery. She had even considered suicide, but she just couldn't be bothered with the effort.

"'ight. Ya jus' tell me 'f ye want. I don' mind." She muttered, and laughed when he said sober. "Indeed." She yawned and curled tighter into her blankets.

Ophelia was glad to hear he would be returning soon, for she had never slept in a cave before and even though she was drunk, it was a strange and mildly frightening feeling. A smile graced her lips when he said he didn't care if anyone saw them together, and it was touching.

"Mm." She went to say something about how he was too kind and she really didn't want to risk his place in his herd, but she was too tired.
Ophelia Zabini
Ophelia Zabini
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:57 pm

Cain saw that Ophelia was close to sleep and he smiled softly a small sound of happiness escaping his lips and he looked out towards the stars, even though they were marred by the artificial light from the cities, he could see them as clear as they always were.

The stars were in a good position for him, things were going to be getting better fairly soon, and for that he was glad, thinking about Ophelia, he set about finding her star in the sky.

Turning back and finding her almost asleep he said in a low drawling voice, the voice he always spoke with:

"Sleep, no harm will come to you while I am here."

With that Cain stood at the mouth of the cave until he was sure that Ophelia had fallen asleep.
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Zabini Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:58 pm

Ophelia nodded once when he assured her no harm would come to her whilst he was there, and knowing that she would awake early the next day with a splitting headache, she allowed herself to drift to peaceful sleep.
Ophelia Zabini
Ophelia Zabini
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Cain returned a few minutes later, and waited patiently outside of the cave so that Ophelia would be given some privacy while she slept, he didn't want to seem like a pervert for watching her while she slept.

When the first light of dawn began Cain thought it would be okay to come back into his cave and he did so, getting out some of the berries that he had gathered.

With that he waited for her to wake up.
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Zabini Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:50 pm

The sun was about halfway peeking out from behind the earth as Ophelia began to awaken. Instantly, her head began to throb and every rustling leaf made her head ache even more. She shifted in her position and felt her body aching all over, and bile in her mouth.

The taste of alcohol lingered in her mouth as she swallowed, and then gagged. Her throat was sore and crackly, and everything felt damaged. She wondered how much she had drunk that night, when the sudden sound of hooves made her sit bolt upright.

Ophelia sat up too fast, as she felt herself become dizzy and dis-orientated. When the world had ceased its spinning, she was able to make out Cain through heavy lidded eyes. Instantly, she was confused, wondering what Cain was doing at her house?

Which was when she realised she was not at all in the comfort of her own home, but rather a cave in the middle of a wood. She blinked and scrunched up her face in confusion. "What happened last night?" She grunted, running a hand through her messy hair. "Gah, I look terrible don't I?" Ophelia rubbed at her eyes and yawned sleepily.
Ophelia Zabini
Ophelia Zabini
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:47 pm

Cain heard sounds of movement and turned around when he thought that it might be Ophelia stirring and it was, she looked a little worse for wear and he frowned slightly, concerned for the lady.

Although she looked quite a state, he would never say so himself, he didn't want to upset her, but he didn't want to lie either, he had never had this problem before, so unsure of how to deal with it he said evenly:

"I am certain you would have looked better at some stage, but I'm thinking you may have also looked worse."

At the question what happened last night Cain's eyes widened and he blinked slightly, his tunic was still off and he only just noticed this fact once more.

"You wanted someone to eat you, but I brought you here to my cave because I didn't think it would be a good idea. Do you want something to drink?"
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Zabini Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Ophelia saw Cain's frown and sighed, knowing that she did indeed look hideous. When he confirmed that she didn't look the greatest, she sighed in annoyance and got out her wand. Her head throbbed and ached like someone was bashing in her skull, so it made it hard to concentrate on the glamour charm she was performing on her hair. She twirled her wand lightly and muttered a series of incantations, making her hair become un-tangled and hang in its normal, wavy mess around her head.

When Cain's eyes widened and his eyes flicked down to his chest, she was instantly confused, and her brow furrowed. When he said what she had originally been suspecting, she sighed grumpily. "Darn. I was really hoping that someone would eat me last night." She said in annoyance.

Throwing the blankets off, Ophelia stood up on shaky legs and almost toppled forwards, but managed to catch her balance. She looked around for her bag and saw it by the blankets, so she whipped around and bent down to retrieve a potion that she had always kept with her- just in case. She drunk back the whole lot of the hangover potion and placed the empty bottle back in her bag, already feeling a warmth spread through her as the potion did its magic.

"I'm alright thanks." Ophelia said in response to his question if she wanted water. She pulled out the bottle again and pointed her wand at the bottle, casting the water spell and drinking from the bottle. Her head still ached, but it wasn't as bad as before. "I am so sorry that you had to take care of me last night. I feel terrible." Ophelia apologised, bowing her head shamefully.
Ophelia Zabini
Ophelia Zabini
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Watching Ophelia perform the magic, Cain blinked softly, he was fascinated the way that she was changing her apperance so easily, it was something that he wished that he could do, maybe he could get rid of some of his own scars.

When she said that she really did wish that someone would eat her Cain's brow furrowed even more and he found himself becoming quite angry, he turned away from the woman and took a deep breath.

"That is a most awful thing to say." he said evenly.

Seeing her refuse his water for some of her own Cain grew even more angry, and he rested himself against the wall, he hadn't slept all night because he was taking care of Ophelia, but that he supposed didn't really matter.

"It is no problem. You feel terrible because you made a fool of yourself in front of me, I am grateful it was only in front of me and in front of nobody else."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Zabini Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Ophelia rolled her eyes at him, sensing and noticing his agitation but deciding to ignore it. He didn't understand.

"And I lead a most awful life." She pointed out, frowning.

Once she had finished drinking, she could plainly see anger on his face and he rested himself against the wall, his stance slightly tired and weary. She realised with a jolt that he must have stayed awake all night watching over her. The thought both warmed her and made her cold.

"Mhhm. But, Cain, please do not tell me that you stayed awake all night caring for me? I will be most upset." She said softly, walking over to him with a frown.

"You didn't have to do any of this, you could have just ignored me. I wouldn't've blamed you, im a lunatic." She joked, smiling gently in an attempt to cheer him up.
Ophelia Zabini
Ophelia Zabini
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:13 am

Cain turned to her and stifled what he could of his anger and spoke clearly to Ophelia. It was she who did not understand. It was she who wad being the unintelligent one in this situation.

"Then end it. End this life you are so ungrateful for! You could do great things Ophelia. You could but you won't because you are drowning in self pity, and I will not watch you continue to drown I will not!"

Snapping at her Cain turned and placed his head against the wall with a small sigh.

"I didn't mean to say that. I meant to say, there are such things you can do that I cannot, simply purchasing this alcohol you can do, you can walk around freely, do magic I cannot hope to do or any muggles, you can get on a plane, use Floo powder. The world is open to you. Yet you choose to cut yourself off from it."

Cain sighed and smiled weakly:

"Then I did not stay up all night. I had a long lovely sleep in my favourite spot and had many wondrous dreams."

Folding his arms across his chest, Cain smiled a little wider: "Lunatic or not you are my friend. I always help my friends."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Zabini Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:20 pm

Ophelia's frown morphed into a tiny smile that she quickly smothered at his suggestion. She wondered how she had never thought of that before, it was so obvious now. Though her family would be most disappointed in her, they'd get over it. And she'd left all of her old friends behind, so she had no friends, no love, no family. She really had nothing stopping her from ending the misery.

Ophelia knew that Cain had said it merely as a way to scold her, but it had been a brilliant idea and she had to resist the urge to hug him. Ophelia looked up as he rested his head against the wall and sighed, speaking again. She felt guilty and ashamed of herself for being so un-grateful for her life, but that quickly faded. Her mind was still distracted by the idea he had planted.

"I know, Cain, and I am sorry that I have been born into such a wonderful life and you have not, but do not think it is my fault. I cut myself off from it because I am not happy! I do not feel as if I shall ever be happy again, do you not understand that? Being a witch isn't all you think! It's not all sunshine and rainbows, its hard. You have to get a job and work hard so that you can earn money and live! And sometimes you can't get a good job, so you're working all night and all day and you get a minimum wage and you're living in a crappy apartment that you can barely afford!" Ophelia felt her face flush red with anger. He couldn't just assume everything was great being human. His life was so much easier than hers.

Ophelia felt her anger fade when he smiled, and she smiled back. "F-friend?" She stuttered.
Ophelia Zabini
Ophelia Zabini
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:50 pm

Cain turned around and looked at Ophelia dead in the eyes, he did not want to be angry with her, he wanted to make sure that she was happy but she needed to wake up and face the facts about what it was that was going on.

"You are so blind. Happiness will not just fall into your lap! You have to work at it, and keep working until you are happy once more, it might not come easily but you must do it."

He felt himself getting more and more angry and for the first time in years he actually began to shout at the woman in front of him, completely enraged by her attitude, friend or no friend, he wasn't about to le her keep thinking this way.

"Would you rather then live my life? Alone, bored. Day after day doing the same things, in silence. Things are not what they appear works both ways, you see Centaurs galloping around the forest and think this is easy?! You think that we have a simple life?! Well we dont. I do not. I am not only shunned by humans but by my own kind. I cannot explore the world that I live in but you can! What I wouldn't give to go to Australia, see new things, walk into a shop of purchase things, have an apartment however crappy!"

Cain stopped being so angry and nodded:

"Yes. Friends. And I will not allow you to spoil this wonderful chance you've been given."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Zabini Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Ophelia felt herself take an involuntary step back at the anger in his eyes, for it frightened her slightly. She hated it when people were angry at her, mostly because they usually hit her or called her things that made her heart ache with pain.

But, that fear was replaced with rage and she could feel the atmosphere around them becoming thick with anger, but she couldn't help it. He didn't understand - he could never understand it.

"You think I don't know that?" She said in a low, hollow tone as she looked up at him. Slowly, trying to control herself she stepped forwards and continued walking towards him as she spoke. "You think I don't know that im being weak, that I don't know how pathetic I am? Well, I do!" She felt her body begin to shake with anger, but she leapt back as he started shouting at her and her anger was replaced with fear.

She had nothing to say, no words at all, for she hated how angry she had made him. She felt selfish and stupid,and she didn't deserve to live in this world. She only hurt people, and she only suffered. She was a burden.

"I'm sorry."
Ophelia Zabini
Ophelia Zabini
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:30 am

Cain saw that Ophelia was getting a little frightened and he stopped immediately, he felt hurt in his chest that he could even have theoretically hurt her, and now he had he felt awful, truly beastly for letting his anger rule him.

"Ophelia..." he whispered "I am sorry, forgive me, I didn't mean to get so angry it just frustrates me so."

Looking at the floor Cain moved his hooves in a circle, ashamed of himself, like a child asking for forgiveness from it's mother, he waited to to scolded, and he added something else he felt she needed to know:

"You're my first friend I've had in a long while Ophelia, I hate to see you like this so tired and upset of life, I want to help fix that if you'll only let me. There is so much more to life..."

Cain moved forwards slightly and stroked Ophelias cheek with a smile, letting his hand drop to her shoulder.

"There is nothing to forgive."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Zabini Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:42 am

Ophelia felt a tad surprised when Cain's anger vanished, and instead he looked ashamed of himself as he apologised for being frustrated, and she felt a small smile grace her lips as she looked up at him.

"It's not your fault that you became angry, many people tell me I am stubborn." Ophelia confessed.

She'd always been annoyed by how stubborn she could be, for even when she knew she was wrong she would sometimes still persist with convincing someone she was right. It was how she often lost a lot her friends by constantly disagreeing with them.

Ophelia almost giggled at how cute he looked when he circled his hooves, but she did smile brightly. When he spoke, she felt tears shimmer in her eyes. She'd always been very emotional.

"And to you also, Cain, though I do not think I have waited as long for a friend as you." She said, but her eyes widened when he said he wanted to fix her problems. It made her feel like she meant something to someone, and she wiped a stray tear off of her cheek.

"You would want to help me?"

When he stroked her cheek, she felt comfort and his smile, touch, and words made the idea of committing suicide seem silly to her now that she was thinking rationally. She smiled back.
Ophelia Zabini
Ophelia Zabini
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next