Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting again (Parker and Sam)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Meeting again (Parker and Sam) Empty Meeting again (Parker and Sam)

Post by Sam Hawthorn Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Sam walked into the library looking for a new book to read, she finished studying and wanted something to read Sam started to read and she humed as she read.

Sam was reading book after book finsihing all of them in at least an hour she sighed and looked for another book, when she saw another book but it was at the very top, she sighed as she tried to reach it she finally gave up and looked for a different book.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Meeting again (Parker and Sam) Empty Re: Meeting again (Parker and Sam)

Post by Parker Emery Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Parker had been wandering through the aisles of the library for a while, skimming through Dark Creatures books, trying to find a picture. He was very concentrated and payed no attention to any of those that had been walking by him as he stood and skimmed.

When someone stopped next to him for a moment and sighed, he broke his eyes from the book as he went to put it back. It was Sam, from the owlery. She had started to walk away and he turned around, giving a small smile. "Uhm, hey there-"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:45 pm

Sam heard a voice and she turned around to see Parker " Parker Hey" Sam said walking over too him.

" Hiw are you?" Sam asked kindly she remembered meeting him in the owlery, she glanced down at her feet and than looked at all the books, Sam sighed quietly and looked up at him giving him a kind smile Sam had her hair pulled up in a braid and some lose strands were in her face, she smiled at him.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:12 pm

He held the book he had been about to put away in his hands. He glanced down at the book then at her again, smiling a bit.

"Uhm, I guess I'm okay. Just, uhm..." he looked back at the shelf behind him, then back at her again. "Just looking for something that got me thinking during my Defense Against class." He looked down at the book again then turned around again to put it back. "No luck though so far."

He looked at her again, "You looking for anything? Or just reading around?"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Sam smiled " Just reading around" Sam said grabbing a book looking at the back she smiled and held the book.

" So what book for defense against do you need?" Sam asked kindly while looking at the shelves, she hummed as she looked " I've been reading a lot so I might know what book you're looking for, just tell me the title of the book" Sam said looking at all the shelves. Sam knew most of the library like the back of her hand, well she didn't know the library very well she just knew where the books she needed were.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Parker watched as she took out a book from nearby. He stood beside her and walked with her as she looked down the aisle. "Well, you see, that's the thing. I don't quite know what I'm looking for."

Parker knew the textbook sections of the library quite well himself, considering he would spend a lot of his time in here, just researching. "I'm looking for some information on a creature...but, I-I don't even know what the name of it is, so I've been looking through pictures to see it-"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Sam nodded and looked down the ailse " Well tell me what it looked like" Sam said smiling up at him she continued to look in the aisles, when she turned to the magical creature section she looked at the shelf.

Sam hummed as she pulled books out she smiled at Parker " Look through the books and tell me if any look like the creature or tell me what the creature looks like" Sam said as she grabbed a huge book and put it on the desk, she smiled at Parker.

" This is one big book" Sam said smiling and laughing at the same time she wondered how people could read this big book she smiled.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:41 pm

Parker frowned when she asked what it looked like. "Uhm, look, you don't have to help if you have something better to do. I've been at this for over an hour now."

He followed her as she went down the aisle and pulled out another large book nearby the one she grabbed. He followed her to the table she walked to, and sat down.

"Okay, well, we were learning about boggarts. These things that change into your greatest fear. I- I expected it to be...well, I thought I knew what it would turn into, but- after a few moments it had transformed into something else...I've never seen anything like it before and I don't know how I could be afraid of something that I don't know what it is..."

He opened the front cover of the book. "It...looked like a lady, witth a long white gown and long black hair. But- she looked really skinny, and she didn't really have legs- and" He took a short breath, flipping through a few pages, his brows were furrowed, looking a bit worried. "Her mouth was gaping wide- with a lot of sharp teeth. She-she screamed too. It sounded like a Mandrake's I think."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Sam put her hand under her chin and started to think " Hmm" She said as she started to pace, She paced for what seemed like an hour when she snapped her fingers " I got it! But let me double check" Sam said rushing to the book that Parker pulled out.

She looked in the B section of the book her eye's scanning the pages and meanings when she found what she was looking for. She grabbed the big book she pulled out and saw a picture of a woman to Parker's description.

" Is this her?" Sam asked pointing to the page she looked to make sure it was the right thing she sighed as she looked for the description and smiled.

" Well if that is her, this is the creature it was" Sam said pointing to the description.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Parker watched Sam with furrowed eyebrows, worried. Could she really know what it...she was? He sighed and turned, looking back down at the book he grabbed, turning the pages in the beginning. He startled slightly when she snapped her fingers and rushed over to his side, flipping through the book. He sat back in the chair as she flipped to the B's, watching her fingers quickly glide over the pages. He'd not though to actually read much, just look for pictures. She certainly had some idea, and he realized maybe he shouldn't know what it is...but if he did that could also be a good thing. He didn't know what he should do, but at the idea of finding out he felt worried.

Sam then turned to her own book, flipping through to whatever she found in the other. When Sam asked and turned the book to Parker. He looked at it, then at Sam who was smiling. He frowned, pulling the book closer, looking at the picture and reading the description. He felt a cold chill run down his spine and could nearly hear her scream resonating in his head.

"A-a Banshee?" he choked out, looking back up at Sam, looking a bit pale. "How did you know?" He had a milllion other questions running through his head too. His head was swimming. How has he seen this, how could be afraid of something he's never seen, why is he afraid of it? He looked back down, reading through the description again.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Meeting again (Parker and Sam) Empty Re: Meeting agian (Parker and Sam)

Post by Sam Hawthorn Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:04 pm

Sam nodded " Yes a Banshee, my mom taught me about magical creatures before-" she started but couldn't finish she sighed and sat down next to Parker.

" Have you ever seen one before?" Sam asked not unkindly she'll never seen one herself she's seen them in books before but not in persoon, she sighed .

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:32 pm

He read it again, his finger tracing under the words, trying to understand it. He looked over at Sam when she sat next to him. He pushed the book away slightly, his eyes gluing into the eerie picture again.

He shook his head at her question. "No, I haven't...that's why I'm so confused. I don't get how something I've never seen before and didn't know of could be my greatest fear...I mean, I expected- something else." He sighed, "Not this...thing."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:50 pm

Sam shrugged " Well, if you don't mind me asking what were you expecting to see?" Sam asked not unkindly.

She could probably picture his surprise when he saw the Banshee " Maybe what you were expecting was close to a Banshee?" Sam asked looking at him and trying to think.

Sam knew banshee's had a pair of lungs, but why would one appear to someone who's never seen one before, Sam shrugged.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:25 pm

"Well....what I expected and what it first turned to be was, well, the Black Lake and then a Grindylow.." he kept his eyes lowered to the book, trying not to focus on that night.

Parker was silent a moment, thinking. Could the two be linked? He chewed on his lip a bit, his eyes being caught on the word 'death' in the description. "There...actually may be a connection to them. Though.." he sighed and shook his head, not very confident in the conclusion he made. "I-I don't know."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:34 pm

Sam looked at Parker " Well a Grindlow" Sam started as she put a scrap piece of paper in the Banshee place she quickly flipped to the G section.

It took her a second to find it, but when she did she shrugged " Well a Grindylow CAN cause death but normally doesn't" Sam said shrugging a bit, she yawned a little but wasn't tired.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:47 pm

"Yeah...I know." He looked at the page with the Gryindylow with her and cleared his throat. "The beginning of first year, I had found my way to the lake. Foolishly I went into the water...and one.." he paused, struggling with his words slightly. "One had grabbed me and nearly pulled me under."

He frowned and reached over to the book, closing it. "It could have killed me if I weren't saved...So i guess there is a connection. But it's not like I heard a Banshee or anything, though the scream did sound a little familiar...which doesn't make any sense either-"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Sam looked down " Parker, a banshee screams when someone's dying, If I remember right" Sam said " Please don't hate me for saying that" Sam added looking down.

" My mom taught me a lot" Sam said trying to change the subject, but failed horribly, Sam sighed and looked at her shoes she shook her head.

" I really need to stop looking at the ground" Sam laughed and looked up and stared at the shelves of books.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:09 pm

He sighed. "Yeah, I saw that in the book...though, at the lake I didn't hear anything. But- it wasn't like I was in the middle of...uhm- I just, was in danger." He closed the other book. "I don't know where I would have even heard it. I live in a muggle area, and I don't remember anyone I know dying recently..." He trailed off. "I'll just- worry about this later." He stood up, taking the book he had grabbed, getting ready to put it back.

He tried to smile a little taking a step from the table. "You're lucky your mum got to teach you. At least you knew something when you got here. Me? I knew nothing." He commented, thankful for the opportunity at a change in subject.

He then turned away and went to go put the book back.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:18 pm

Sam turned her back to the desk so she could face Parker " My mom wasn't able to teach me everything" Sam said looking at him " If you want I could teach a few things my mum taught me, If you want you don't have too" Sam added while looking at a book.

Sam didn't know a lot of things she just knew the things her mother taught her, she sighed and looked at one of the books and she opened it and started to read it.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:27 pm

He walked back over after he put away the book and he took the seat next to her again. "Well, even if she'd taught you a little bit, it's better then nothing, right?"

He smiled, "Well, what sort of things did your mum teach you?" he rubbed the back of his neck. He felt a little embarrassed that as a second year he still knew so little compared to first years. He hoped things wouldn't be like that for too much longer.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Sam smiled " Well she taught me how to brew a potion right and about creatures" Sam said looking at him.

" But other than that I learned from reading books" Sam said looking up at all of them she sighed happily at them, Sam loved reading it was her family she grabbed a book and started reading it, but looked at Parker at the same time.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:48 pm

"Ah, well. I think I'm catching up fairly well in potions. I really love it, and I want to do well. I look up book on potions and plants a lot, and creatures too. Though...there is only so much you can learn from books."

"I've been doing that too. If i don't feel like going on walks, I come here. I feel like I'm behind a lot, since everyone else, especially in slytherin, seems to know so much. And I research whatever comes to mind to help me."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Sam nodded and closed the book " Well, I really don't have many friends well I have a few but well I feel like I connect more with books" Sam said and she laughed a bit as she finished her sentence.

" I know that sounds very strange but it's the truth" Sam said shrugging a bit she really liked books she didn't mind people but there is something about being in the library and surrounded by books made her happy, she smiled unknowingly and than she looked back at Parker, still smiling.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Parker smiled. He certainly understood that. Most of his first year he didn't have any friends. He was painfully shy and was far more outgoing this year, actually going up and talking to people. It was easy when he found that there were so many kind people here, when before he worried about being bullied like back home. "Books sometimes do feel like the safest of places, don't they...?"

"I don't think it sounds strange at all. It's great to just get away from everything. It's almost....like a world of it's own." He sighed, looking up and around. "And there's so much History here, you really could become part of a whole different world." he smiled a little back at her.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Meeting again (Parker and Sam) Empty Re: Meeting agian (Parker and Sam)

Post by Sam Hawthorn Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:24 pm

Sam nodded " Yes, that's actually how I feel about books they're the safest place in the world" Sam said looking at the book that was in her hands.

" I like action adventure books with a hint of mystery" Sam said all of a sudden " What type of books do you like?" Sam asked looking at Parker and than back at the books.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next