Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Studying (open)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Studying (open) Empty Studying (open)

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:13 am

Terry knew that he had left the note for Juliet that he would be in the library every night, but it was not just because he didn't not know of any other place to go, it was just he was going to be in there a lot in order to learn what it could about magic.

Terry I had just learned a year ago what magic even was. Once he got into the school he was expected to do all of these things most of which he had no idea what to do.

The only reason that he even got to the school, or even got his books and supplies is the mysterious note he had recieved one day with instructions that he had to follow.

It was all a mystery to him, maybe someone would have answers.

He he opened the first textbook which was about Charms and started to read

Back to top Go down

Studying (open) Empty Re: Studying (open)

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:01 pm

As the school year drew to a close and exam flurries broke out across all houses, Alys could almost swear she saw the Archives more than her house common room or her dormitory. This was having a serious effect on her sleep and while she had been known to grumble of this now and then, Zara was often found using more colorful adjectives to describe the situation they were in.

But modified vulgar language or not, the fact remained that they had to study and Alys was going to do well in her exams, even if it did mean less sleep and more eye bags. Like all students, she had her subjects which the witch showed an aptitude for. And then there were those she simply couldn't understand meaning she had to spend extra time reading up on them. Psychology was turning out to be one of the letter.

Browsing through some of the volumes, the girl extracted a fairly thick one entitled "The Mind Unbidden" and headed to her favorite table in the corner of the room. It was by the window and sometimes, the snow looked pretty falling outside. However, upon reaching the table, the blonde discovered that it was occupied.

"Hello?" she said uncertainly to the boy seated there. She remembered him vaguely from some of her classes but had no idea what his name was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:53 pm

"Hello, my dearie. What a pleasant surprise." said Luke as he came from the behind with two thick volumes of books in his hands. Lukas wasn't pleasantly surprised and didn't call her affectionately but then again he sounded really polite and to an extent warm as well.

Terrence was another exception to the rule. While Lukas was allowed to join even though he was two years older Terrence was allowed to join even after half of the school year was over. He did find it strange but not interesting enough and never asked him why it was so.

Realizing that both Terrence and Alys had never met each other he introduced them. Looking towards Alys he said, "This is Terrence, my housemate and our classmate. You will see him around a lot now. Oh and unlike me he isn't deadly.", with a grin on his face.

To Terrence he said, "Terrence his is long legs", he couldn't help but smirk at this point," and she's from Muhe. However you best call her Alys unless you want her cry baby of a boyfriend to come annoy you everywhere."

He turned to back to Alys and said, "Nothing personal long legs. You know I mean no harm. Come want to join us? It would be fun studying together!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:35 pm

Alys felt her face turning red at the jibes from Lukas but this time, she was going to give as good as she got. Enough of going around being scared and uncertain. Because when all was said and done, he was just an arrogant toerag who thought he was better because of his age. But if he was too stupid to realize that being older didn't make him better, Alys would certainly not point it out. She had better things to do with her time.

Turning to the new boy, she smiled politely, ignoring Lukas' existence. "Nice to meet you, Terrence, I do hope you can improve my view of Geschik boys. I'm afraid I've come to expect rather little from them thanks to certain members of your house."

The blonde isn't even bother acknowledging the comment on Tarragon. Only insecure people made sly remarks, everyone knew that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Always entertaining, Lukas thought which was pretty evident from big, wide grin on his face. Seeing as she didn't reply to his last question he said ever so lovingly," Sweetheart, if you aren't going to be sitting here with us then may I suggest you move on", the smile still on his face," and if you need any help we'll be right here." Lukas kept on saying 'we' but he and alys both knew by 'we' Lukas meant himself.

And suddenly he remembered looking at Alys's files when he was helping Sweeney with some work after class. "By the way, I hope you had a good birthday. And I wish you all the best and hope you have a good year."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:25 am

"We?" Alys raised an exaggerated golden eyebrow at his words. "I don 't recall Terrence saying anything. And who invited you over anyway, last time I checked, I was going to say hello to a boy I found sitting at my regular table. So kindly stop interrupting our conversation."

However, when he wished her a happy birthday, she felt a smirk making its way across her lips. "Thank you very much, and its quite alright that you can't seem to stay away from me and my business. But what's a little witch to do in a world full of creepy stalkers?"

Turning to Terrance, she continued "you'll have to excuse Lukas, we're trying to make him fit for human company but as you can probably tell, we're not doing a very good job."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:36 am

Terrence looked up from his book when he heard a hello. But before he could even answer another guy from his house walked up and started talking to the girl and introducing him..Usually Terry is kind of shy when meeting new people but this guy just ticked him off.

Terrence stood up from where he was sitting "Excuse me I was just waiting for the ego in the room to die down a little so I could speak." stated Terrence plainly.

"Lukas, last time I checked I was very capable of introducing myself and do not require your assistance. So you may remove yourself from our presence" Terrence said and then turned to the girl.

"Hi, my name is Terrence but you can call me Terry." as he held out his hand to shake hers.

"And from the sound of it, Happy Birthday."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:44 am

The Muhe witch's face lit up with a brilliant smile as the boy spoke up in her defense. So he was a good sort, maybe Geschik had some redeeming qualities. "Thank you, that's very kind of you to say," she replied, taking a seat opposite the boy. "I'm afraid my friends were all too busy on my birthday, and no wonder what with all the homework we get. How're you coping with that?"

The witch looked pointedly at Lukas, waiting for him to take Terry's suggestion and leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:13 am

Terrence was not sure how he was coping. He would tell a little more if that Lukas jerk would leave.

"To be honest this all new to me, but I will learn." Terrence said.

"How about you, do you understand all this fun stuff?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:24 am

"How cute Terry and most interesting as well." He said. He was genuinely pleased. Wait till you are out in the world Terry, my boy, then you shall know how much capable you really are, he thought to himself.

"Thank you for such a wonderful conversation. I have work to do." With that his smile vanished, and dived into the books. He wasn't going to leave, he loved the spot and the view always helped.

His mood was elated, today's studying session was going to be very very productive. Now no matter what happened around him nothing could disturb him. They could play drums and he wouldn't be able to notice them.

Lukas's trunk spotted a sticker which said, 'I don't always study but when I do, I make sure it's the night before the exam.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:32 am

Annoyed that Lukas was going to sit right there and not leave as any person with a smidgen of self respect would, Alys looked at Terry apologetically. "Is it okay if we move to another table, this one seems to have dirt on it."

"And as you can see, I'm not much better at the fun stuff than anyone else," she gestured to the book in front of her. "But I've learned studying with friends helps a lot. In fact, one of my closest friends who shares a somewhat similar name with you is my usual study partner. Reading alone is awfully boring."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:18 am

Terry gathered his books and placed everything in his bags and in his arms. Terry could not believe this guy was so rude. He was at the table first.

"Yes, I can see the dirt and seeing is I have already had my shower today, I prefer to stay clean." Terry said as he glaced down at Lukas with a look that said I will deal with you later.

Terry may only be 11 but he have enough hatred in himself to deal with Lukas.

After they had gotten away from Lukas and another sucluded table Terry felt that he could talk to Alys.

"Well study will only get me so far, I have never used magic before. Thats what I mean by this is all new. Its very new." Terry said in whisper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Alys could tell Terry was nervous about magic which surprised her. She wondered if someone had said something to him to make him feel that way. Trying to reassure him, the witch said "Well, technically, none of us ever had a wand before we turned eleven and got our letter either. So even if someone grew up in a magical household, they're still not completely guaranteed to know spells." The witch pointed to herself in explanation. "My parents are both magical but the first time I held a wand was also when I got it, and we're not even allowed magic outside school so we can't even practice if we want ti."

"As for all the background stuff, you'll learn faster living it than reading about it." she joked, trying to put him at ease.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Juliet could not help it she need to get to The Archives she had to see if the boy who had left that birth certificate. When she got there she saw that he was with another one of her students Alys.

Well the talk would have to wait she was thinking about just heading back to her office but decided to watch them study it was better than sitting by herself in the stuffy little office what else could she do finally she decided to take a book and go sit some where and read she was not about to interrupt the study session just because she needed to talk with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:17 pm

"Granted you may never of held a wand or anything, but I mean I don't even know what a spell is. When I had to fill out a questionaire he wanted to know my favorites. How can I name a favorite charm if I don't know what one is." Terry just felt kind of defeated.

Terry was just glad to have someone to talk to about this, he had hope that with him unloading on her, she didn't mind

"I mean I didn't open a book about magic until I got here at the school. I just feel so stupid."

At that point Terry noticed some movement out of the corner of his eyes and saw Juliet walk in and grab a book to read. He was wondering what she was thinking about what he left her.

"So, Alys you don't mind me unloading on you do you. I mean your the first person I have got to talk about it with." Terry admited

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:31 pm

"Oh, don't worry about it," the girl said cheerily. If talking about it was helping the boy, then by all means. "As for not knowing what a spell is, you must have a Muggler perception. We wave our wands around, things happen." The witch laughed.

"Okay, I was over simplifying. Exact spell definitions are something we will learn in class. I have some notes if you want to borrow them. Just hang in there, you'll learn quick enough." Taking out her own wand, the girl pointed at the book on the table they were currently occupying. "Wingardium Leviosa!" she said clearly with a swish and flick of her wand. As expected, the book rose a foot in the air and hovered there.

"This is the levitation charm, very easy to learn, you want to try?"

Just then the blonde noticed their Charms teacher entering the library. But before the witch could decide if she should wave or say good evening, the Lehrer had taken down a book and immersed herself in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Terry was really glad that this girl was willing to help him.

"Seeing is I am a few lessons behind I would love to borrow your notes." smiled Terry "If you really don't mind."

Terry watched the girl as she grabed her wand then said "Wingardium Leviosa!"

Terry thought that looked easy enough so he picked up his wand.

With a swish and flick of his wand and "Wingardium Leviosa" he also lifted the book. The way it flew off the table it made it look like he had been doing it for years.

"Wow, that was so cool. I can't wait to learn more." Terry could not help but get a little excited when the book flew.

"So Alys what can you tell me about the school I need to know. Besides everythings in German and I am rusty."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Alys gave the boy a thumbs up as he executed a perfect levitation charm on his very first try. It had taken her quite some practice and concentration but perhaps the boy was naturally gifted in charms? "Well done," she praised as she brought her own book back down to the table.

"And if you think this German is bad, wait till you've seen Old German texts, I swear, they don't make sense at all, not even to native speakers. I have to sit with a dictionary when reading up on my own house history." The witch smiled, showing that she didn't mind very much. Besides, slowly but surely, her old German had been getting better thanks to those old tomes.

"Let's see, the rule of thumb I follow is..." the witch looked all around before dropping her voice to a whisper. "To avoid The Sweeney at all costs. I've heard she's maimed and even murdered students before though she isn't allowed to kill them anymore. My advice would be to not go near her with a fifty foot long pole. I wanted to learn potions but I was too scared to sign up..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Terry thought he was going to die when she mentioned Sweeney seeing is he has already gone to her for help.

"Why could I have not met you sooner. I have potions, becasue that was on the list that told me what I should take. I already got in trouble with her and she wants a potion. I do not know the first thing about making a potion and I have already missed 3 lessons."

Terry was strong but that woman had creeped him out.

"I am still waiting to hear whether she is going to help me or not, now I am probably gona get my head bite off for asking for the help."

Terry could not help but hit his head on the table.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:10 pm

"Well..." Alys cast around for something to console the boy with. "Like I said, she isn't allowed to kill anyone anymore, or she will be in trouble with the Doctor. So she might only just give you a few cuts. Just remember, whenever speaking to her, keep your voice down, your eyes down, your head bowed and generally don't challenge her in any way. And then make an excuse to leave as soon as you can."

Trying to change the topic of discussion to a better one, she said "but not all teachers are like that. Lehrer Vikki, for example, is very nice. She conjures you food when you're hungry, and gives you chocolate dragons at the end of lessons. She teaches flying and is generally one of us." The blonde smiled at the thought of the young flying instructor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:34 pm

"Well it is nice to know that not all the techers are like her, I can't say it enough she scares me." Terry thought about it and it made him shiver.

"What about her, Lehrer Juliet Charlienco? If that is the correct name." Terry wondered as she pointed to the lady across the library that kept glancing over to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:29 pm

Alys glanced surreptitiously at the Charms teacher across the room who seemed to be buried in her book. "I don't really know much about her," she confessed. "I think she just started teaching here and I've only ever seen her in class once." The witch shrugged unsure of what else to add. She really didn't know the Lehrer at all.

"Sorry I can't be more help."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:48 am

"You have already been much help" Terry smiled at her. She really was a nice girl. Until coming here and seeing all the girls Terry had never even thought about girls.

Terry had now pulled out his Potions text book and was looking for the Invigorating Draught

"So here is a question for you. How am I suppose to brew this potion right here, without get ingredients from Sweeney's stores and without any help." Terry points to the potion in the book.

"This is the potion that I missed in class today and I am suppose to do it on my own and turn it into her. Any ideas?" Terry looked at Alys totally lost.

"I also need to make up for Transfiguration, Charms, Defence. Do you have any of those classes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:25 am

The blonde considered his potions related questions for a minute. She had only the most basic of knowledge of potions from what her parents had taught her and that was just to always follow the recipe. "Well, why don't you try getting ingredients from the student's store cupboards? I wouldn't go near Sweeney's stash if I were you, some people say there are severed human heads there..."

"Cauldrons should already be in class, just go in when you have some spare time, get the ingredients and start making it. Be sure to follow the recipe as closely as you can, that's the best advice I can give."

At the mention of the other subjects, the girl brightened up. Not only did she take those but had very extensive notes for the classes as well. Whoever said studying didn't pay off was an idiot.

"Yes, I take those too, and have very detailed notes as well. They're in my dorm right now - or maybe with Zara, my housemate, she tends to borrow my things and forgets to tell me - but I can get them for you later."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:41 am

"Thank you about that, that is a great idea, now just using the classroom. The potion said it won't take long so maybe I can do it this weekend." Terry felt as if he could breathe a little easier now after that.

Looking over his stacks of books he picked out his transfiguration text.

"Well seeing I have 3 chapters to read I better get to reading. I believe that your notes will help me a lot." Tery breathed out a sigh of relieve.

Every once in awhile he looked over to see Juliet, who looked to be looking back at him once in awhile He really wanted to go over and talk to her, but he wasn't going to be rude and leave his new friend.

Pulling our some parchment and quills making some notes. Quills were really weird to him, he always used pens at home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next