Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Studying (Open)

2 posters

Go down

Studying (Open) Empty Studying (Open)

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Pxyis exited her dorm room, her books for Charms, Transfiguration and various other subjects in her arms. She almost fell down the staircase, for she could not see past the pile in her arms, but she managed to steady herself and reached the bottom of the stair successfully. She looked around and saw a few other Slytherin's chattering and reading their own books.

Pxyis moved over to the fireplace and dumped the books down on the table next to her favourite chair. The armchair was squishy and comfortable, with plush pillows resting on it. She settled herself in nicely, placing one of the silver and green pillow on her lap. She reached over and grabbed one of her Charms books, flipping it open to the chapter they were studying right now and skimming over the page. She was bored after a moment of the page that she read from, and she flicked to a page on 'Glamour Charms'.

Pxyis' interest was piqued, as she had heard of such charms but knew not much of them. She knew they would be studying them in the SS meetings, so she decided to read up on them. After reading a few paragraphs on how they worked, she could understand how they would be useful in said meetings. And, she also wondered if she could use it for selfish reasons. Pxyis yawned and continued reading.

Back to top Go down

Studying (Open) Empty Re: Studying (Open)

Post by Parker Emery Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:15 am

Parker was trudging down the stairs from his dorm with his stack of books and his bag slung over his shoulder. He planned to go to the library, get some reading and studying done, in the magnificent library at the school. The muggle library by his house was just a speck compared to even just one aisle in the library here. He looked over the books in his arms and realized he'd left one back up in his dorm.

Sighing, he set the books of his on one of the tables and went back to the stairs to go get his book. Proceeding up the stairs, however, he'd stepped on his untied shoelace and had tripped face first only a few steps up. He let out a whimper as he moved from being sprawled over the stone steps to sitting on them, cradling his face. Damn his clumsyness, he thought as he bit his lip, trying to hard not cry or let out any noise. It was difficult though because of the amount of pain his nose and face were in.

His eyes watering, he pulled his hands away from his face and saw that they were covered in blood. He gasped, and leaned his head forward, cupping his hands under his nose as it dripped. He shut his eyes tightly trying to take deep breaths. His face still hurt so bad and he was still trying to deal with the pain, he didn't want to start crying while there were others in the common just a few feet away. He also didn't want to stand up just to trip again, dripping blood everywhere. So he sat there and hopped it would stop soon.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Damien had strolled into the common room to look at all the commotion that was going on. Many students were all over the place talking and studying.

Damien noticed another girl he had not meet over by the fireplace so he thought we would walk over and introduce himself to this girl.

"HI, I am Damien Greene." Looking over towards the steps he noticed a boy bleeding and looked a little upset.

"Was that your handiwork over there?" Pointing at Parker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:18 am

Charlotte was on her way down from the girls dorm, she saw a lot of people milling about and she wondered why the normally quiet common room had a flux of activity today.

She also saw something that had made her rather angry, Parker, a Slytherin she hadn't really spoken to was in a state, he was bleeding and upset yet a boy thought it would be better to talk to Pyxis than to help him.

Something had definately happened between Pyxis and Parker, and to be honest, Charlotte wasn't really sure if Pyxis wanted to be her friend anymore, she hadn't talked to her in ages and she didn't invite her over for the holidays.

Shrugging this off she felt her hair fizzle into a red colour with anger but she moved over to Parker with a small smile, kneeling in front of him.

"Are you okay Parker? Do you need me to go and get some tissues for your nose?"
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:28 am

His eyes lowered to the ground, Parker heard that other boy and was upset that he'd seen him sitting there. He didn't want Pxyis to look over and see. She was upset with him. He felt his eyes water as another sting of pain shot through. He worried that his nose hadn't completely healed from before and he'd re-broken it.

He listened for a few moments at all the other people in the dorm. Of course it had to be a day where there was a lot of activity in the dorm rather than the usual chatter.

Pafker looked up at Charlotte approached. He red eyes widened a bit at her hair. He had seen it turn before, but it was still so strange to him and he didn't understand why her hair did that. When she offered to bring him tissues he nodded slightly, wincing again from the movement.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:51 am

Pxyis was just in the midst of reading how exactly to perform the Glamour Charm, when there was a loud crash. She looked up, startled, and her eyes widened to see Parker sitting on the staircase. She saw that he appeared to be un-harmed - not that she looked very long - and returned her eyes to her book. When some first year named Damien introduced himself, she looked back up with a huff. She wondered if she'd ever find somewhere to read in peace.

"I'm Pxyis, Pxyis Wilson. And no, that most certainly is not my handiwork." She snapped, offended that someone would think she'd hurt Parker. Not that this boy knew that he was her best friend. Key word being was.

She heard Charlotte's voice drift across the room, and she looked back to Parker with concern. She saw that he was holding his nose and his hands were covered in blood. Quickly, she shut her book and strode over to Parker. She didn't care if he hated her for causing trouble for him over the summer, he was hurt. She bent down beside him and sighed, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"You're so clumsy." She mumbled, looking around for a tissue box. "Char, I think I have some tissues by my bed. I have a whole box, actually."

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:05 am

Parker looked over when he saw Pxyis stand up and come over and felt his heart lighten when she came to help.
He smiled a little, but she couldn't see, his hands still held over his nose and mouth. So she didn't hate him. He wanted to hug her or something, but him bleeding it wasn't the best idea. In fact it was quite gross and he could already feel it starting to dry on his face in some places.

So instead of getting her messy and probably making her more upset with him then she already was, he just tried to scoot a little bit closer to her.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:14 am

Damien had just seen her snubbing Parker so he just assumed, but when he saw the girl gather around him he thought he would head over and check things out.

"Is he doing ok, is it broken? I can fix it if it is". Damien was just trying to help he had fixed many a broken bones on himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:20 am

When the other boy had walked over and asked to help, Parker shook his head carefully. He mumbled from behind his hands. "I-I'd rather the Healer do it..." He felt that the bleeding may have stopped, and moved his hands a bit, carefully wiping some of it off from under his nose and what had dripped down his chin.

"I-I think I re-broke it..." Magically healing it would probably fix it a lot fast then what the muggle doctor had done, he thought. It would give him another change to talk to the healer as well.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:53 am

Damien understood that he wanted a healer to fix it, and that was fine with him he didn't want to truly help anyway. The one thing that Damien learned from home is Slytherins tried to fix their problems in house, but if this kid didn't want to that was his choice.

"Do you need help to the hospital wing?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Pxyis huffed in annoyance at Damien. She hadn't liked him from the moment he approached her, but she was a tad bit judgemental. The way he said that he could fix it reminded her of Humphrey - and she despised that Gryffindor boy. She hoped something had happened to him over the holidays that meant he couldn't attend the school this year.

"I agree with Parker, i'd rather the healer fixed it." Pxyis mumbled, her eyes turning back to Parker as she watched him in concern.

Guilt flooded through her at how cruel she had been to him. At every possible opportunity, she had avoided him. Avoided him like he was the plague, even, but her loneliness had begun to seep in and she no longer wanted to be without him. He was her best friend and she needed him at the moment.

"Come on Parker, i'll take you." Pxyis offered, but in a tone that stated she wasn't going to take no for an answer. She helped him off of the step.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:21 am

Charlotte sighed, as soon as she had gone over to help everyone else had come over and she was pushed to the back, like she so often was in these situations and she was getting a little tired of it, or maybe she was just cranky in the first place.

When they told her about the tissues Charlotte went to get them and by the time she had returned it seemed she was taking him to the hospital wing, so she definately wasnt needed.

"Here." she said quietly, thrusting the tissues out.

Charlottes hair that had been calming down stayed red and she gave a small smile to Parker;

"I hope that the Healer fixes you quickly, I know she will do, no problems at all."

With that she turned and went to sit on one of the arm chairs since she wasn't needed really, still angry about that she played roughly with her lip piercing to vent her anger.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Parker smiled and thanked Charlotte gratefully when she had handed him the tissues, holding them up to his face as Pxyis helped him up. As they stood from the steps, Charlotte had turned around to sit down, her hair still an unusual red colour.

He looked between Pyxis and Charlotte a moment and moved the tissues away from his face as he carefully reached for Pxyis hand. While Parker was glad she was talking to him again at the moment, it didn't mean she wasn't still angry, as much as he hoped she was not. Once he moved the tissue, he spoke, "Erm, can you come too, Charlotte? With Pxyis and I?" After all she had been the first to help him, and he felt bad for hardly ever speaking to her when they were in the same house and knew many of the same people.

With furrowed eyebrows, he glanced at Pxyis and then the ground, unsure if it was alright with her, as she probably wanted to talk with him. As much as he wanted to talk to her, he had a feeling they'd be able to sometime soon, with Charlotte he wasn't sure if he'd had another chance to try to get to know her and wanted to take the opportunity. Plus, weren't Pxyis and her friends anyways?

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Pxyis could tell that Char was supressing her anger, and guilt washed over Pxyis again. She was beginning to hate herself, for all the trouble she caused. She knew that Char was angry at her for neglecting her over these days, and not even sending her an owl over the holidays. And she had caused problems between Parker and his bullies, made the situation worse even.

She resisted the urge to just get up and run away. She didn't want to deal with these problems, she just wanted to be happy. She felt different, changed, horrible. Memories of that horrific day kept flashing through her mind, and all of the trouble she had caused everyone else was beginning to be too much. Pxyis decided she hated herself, and gritted her teeth together as she tried to act normal.

"Actually Char, why don't you take him? Maybe the two of you can bond a bit. I'm off now, have a nice night." Pxyis forced out through her teeth, a short smile sent Char and Parker's way before she walked over to the armchair she had previously occupied, grabbed her pile of books and almost tripped over herself as she made her way up into the dorm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Charlotte heard Parker ask her to come with them and she turned, looked slightly surprised and smiled lightly, hopping up out of the chair and making her way back over to the three of them, she would gladly go with them since she was the first person to ask to help him.

"I would be happy to come with you Parker, I feel responsible you know I want to make sure that you're alright."

Raising her eyebrow slightly as Pyxis had some sort of hard time speaking but managed to understand her and as she left Charlotte merely felt herself grow more angry if that was even possible, so she really didn't give a damn did she? She could have talked to her properly while they took Parker to the Hospital Wing but did she want that? No.

"Fine. Goodnight."

Charlotte fumed and tried to calm herself down she had never been this angry before and she sighed placing a hand on her nose and pinching the bridge of it. Taking hold of Parkers hand she smiled lightly:

"Shall we go then?"
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:51 pm

Parker looked at Pxyis when she spoke, seeming to be forcing her words out. He felt his chest drop when she pulled away to get her books and stormed up stairs. He turned and wanted to call her back down, but from the sharp movement, pain shot through his face again and he winced, reaching his hand with the tissues in it back up to his face.

He looked down at the ground, his eyebrows furrowed as Charlotte took his hand and asked "Shall we go then?" He gave a small nod and made his was with her to the door.

He decided he didn't care how mad Pxyis might had been at him. He would talk to her when he got back. If she would not come down from her dorm, then he might just try to sneak up there to talk to her if he had too.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:11 am

Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down