Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Studying (Open)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Studying (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Studying (Open)

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:22 am

When the librarian came over with snacks she decided that she would stop and have a snack along with the other two.

Haley had asked about why Tabi and her didn't really get a long and sometimes it was hard to understand to other people how twins cannot get along.

"Well Haley some days I do not understand it all myself. I am not sure if it is jealous on her part or even on mine. Up until we were about 8 years old we did everything together, we pretty much stayed away from the rest of our family and their ideals. When we were about 8 that was when father decided that we could start to learn the basics of potions. I guess Tabi saw it as a way to get closer to father and she just ran with it." Leshia took a drink of the punch.

"From that day forward it was almost like we became enemies. More on her part than mine. But by the time I was 10 I started to defend myself against her. Maybe after one too many hexes I was tired of it. That was why my first instinct was to draw my wand on her when she grabbed me."

Leshia just shook her head. "I think you should be glad your an only child Parker, and a muggleborn then you do not have to listen to your parents ideals."

Leshia was glad to have gotten that off her chest, she had so much more to vent if they were willing to listen.

"Sorry to have just unloaded on you, I have Salina now too and she is like my sister too, more so in fact. than Tabi. I am just glad I have friends like all of you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:59 am

Parker grabbed one of the snacks left for them, concentrating on eating it as she talked. It must have been so frustrating and difficult for her to have to deal with that, he couldn't imagine what it would be like to be put up against someone you were so close to before.

He looked up when she addressed him, and frowned a little bit. "Just because I'm muggleborn doesn't mean my parents don't pressure me with what they believe..." He didn't want her to feel like she was the only one who had to deal with problems like hers. Though he didn't understand exactly what wizarding family ideals were nor how hard they were on their kids to follow, he had at least a vague idea of what it was like to have certain expectations and ideals thrust upon you.

He smiled when she said she was glad to have friends like them.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:34 am

"Just because I'm muggleborn doesn't mean my parents don't pressure me with what they believe..."

Leshia listened to that comment and hoped he knew that she didn't mean her problems were worse than his.

"Ok, I understand that point, let me see if I can word it differently, in a wizarding sense. My parents were both in Slytherin house and the beliefs of Slytherin is that anyone who is not a pureblood like us is nothing better than for us to wipe their feet on."

Leshia thought about it for a moment, she did have a nanny once who knew all about muggles and had told her stories.

"You know I was just thinking about the wizarding way of thinking, but the muggle way of thinking would be like your parents telling you that anyone not of your own race, religion, was inferior. So I guess when I think about it that way we would be the same." Leshia smiled at the thought she had that connected them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:53 am

When she went on about the blood purity thing, he was lost once again, nodding and trying hard to understand why things like that mattered to people. But when she mentioned muggles and those prejudices, it clicked. His parents were especially judgmental about the whole religion thing.

He smiled a bit when she did. "I think I understand quite a bit better now."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Leshia was glad he understood a little better now. Now she just wondered what made him tick.

"So Parker I have unloaded on you about my life, What exciting things do you have that go on in your life?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:05 pm

Parker looked between the two girls, then down at the table, thinking. "Well...I wouldn't call anything in my life very exciting, to by honest." He was silent a moment, thinking of life back home, though it wasn't very interesting, he was quite homesick he realized.

He appeared to be steering the conversation away, looking up and around at the library. "Especially compared to all of this, the wizarding world. It's great, and it's still hard for me to wrap my head around it sometimes that this really is all real."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Leshia was writing some more notes down. Then she decided she better look at her potions assignments coming up.

"Yeah I can imagine how you feel learning about magic for the first time. But I cannot imagine growing up with it. It is all I have known." Leshia smiled

"So what happened when you received your letter and learned about things for the first time?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Haley understood what Leisha meant with the sister unfriendlyness. Sure, she couldn't imagine how that must've felt, but still, it was understandable.

"If there's anything else you'd like to tell, then you know where to find me," Haley said with a smile.

She was also rather interested in the conversation that was ongoing. She was writing down notes on the Swish and Flick spell, but looked up at Parker when Leisha asked about his reaction. If she narrowed her eyes slightly, she could easily imagine Parker with a supershocked face, that almost made Haley burst out laughing. She snorted into her hand to deafen the sound.

"Sorry," she muttered and then turned a curious eye to Parker.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:51 am

"So what happened when you received your letter and learned about things for the first time?" He shrugged then looked at Haley who let out a snort of laughter and he smiled a bit, pulling his book back infront of him, looking down.

"Well...me parents and I thought it was a joke at first. I half though some kid in the neighborhood was trying to be funny because they all called me a freak-" he shook his head a bit, looking back up between them. "We ignored it at first until a few more came and we actually saw the owls deliver them. We honestly didn't know what to think, I didn't really know how to react to it. It really sank in once we got to Diagon Alley to get me things for school."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:53 am

"Hello, my studious friends. I wanted to let you all know that I am directing A Midsummer Night's Dream as a summer send-off. Please sign up to audition. As book lovers, or simply bright student's you will probably make up the heart of the cast if you choose to audition. That is all. Good luck with those studies." he told them all with a smile on his face.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2